Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I would appreciate your thoughts and/or advice.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would appreciate your thoughts and/or advice.

Hello,

First and formost I would like to express my gratitude and thank you for your service. I've been floating around the forums for a year or so.

Well, I'm starting my transition from a Engineering Technician in the silicon industry, to law enforcement. It hit me about 2 years ago. Engineering is not what I want in life. I'm happily married to my wife of 5 years. She is an EMT who will be perusing her paramedic license once I'm employed in law enforcement. We have 4 children together. I'm 27. I'm currently attending a community college to get a certificate of achievement in Law Enforcement, and plan on jumping into the academy as soon as I complete school.

I'm anticipating the "Run!" and "Don't do this!" Comments. To be honest I have tried telling myself this for a while now. I know it's going to be hard on my family. It's hard to explain but it just feels right.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I feel like I'm the only one insane enough to do this givin my current situation. I feel extremely selfish.

Nathan

Welcome to O.com and best of luck with your new endeavor.

“This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”

George V. Higgins--The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Comment

Chase what you want and don't give up until you have it. I don't care if it's law enforcement or professional swimming.
      Good luck!

Comment

Honest and open discussion with your family and chase your dreams is all I can recommend. Best of luck and welcome.
        Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
        “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
        “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
        "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
        ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Comment

You kinda have to think of deciding to get into LE like this movie segment about falling in love. Once you have decided, just "geronimo". Once you are there, you will be able to handle all the comments from those around you.

Comment

Welcome aboard and good luck in your pursuit!
            USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
            "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
            DA Security Guard, APG MD (GS-5 Step 06)
            COE:
            VA Police Officer (GS-6), Baltimore/Perry Point MD

Comment

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate it. Also, the wife and I got s kick out of that clip DeaconSteve.

Comment

Good luck on your pursuit.

Comment

Similarities! Wow!
                  I was 27 when I became a cop, and my wife soon after became a paramedic. I came from a retail grocery background, making surprisingly good $$.

Biggest hit was financial. Still is- but I love my job- and I've now been a cop for 23 years.
                  Good luck to you, sir.
                  SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
                  SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2016, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $400 to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

Good luck to you and I offer this piece of wisdom.

Comment

Another piece of wisdom from Will Rogers.
                      "Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there".

Good luck with your endeavors.
                      Train for tomorrow, for you never know what it will bring to the fight.
                      In the school of Policing, there is no graduation day.

Arguing on the internet, is like wrestling with a pig in mud. After a while you realize that while you are getting dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.
                      Do Not Disturb sign should read, Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution.
                      Even if the voices aren't real, They have some really good ideas.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your encouragement and wisdom. It means a lot. Busting it at school, and getting back in shape. Trying to prepare myself for the academy as much as possible. Want to be ready for it when I take the leap.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11244 users online. 457 members and 10787 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X