Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kieth M.
    replied
    Over a month later, and Jerry is nowhere to be seen or heard. Let the record reflect I asked many times for a response, to one or both of my questions, and he chose not to make one. It seems he joined O.com merely to post this topic and to engage in no other activities. He will be sorely missed. What a maroon!!!!!

Jerry, please do come back, when you can't stay so long!
    Last edited by Kieth M.; 08-02-2006, 07:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Chesty
    replied
    I think chaser266 explained it the best. Our supervisors police us. I've seen a few officers disciplined over this. I've seen off-duty officers cited by other police officers before. Its not a big conspiracy, jdr. As a matter of fact video cameras are taking a lot of our discretion away. The same discrection that cuts a police officer a break is the same discretion that cuts you or another citizen a break even though your running 87 mph but are on your way to the hospital because a loved one was hurt. I think the true question you have is questioning our discretion. The fact that some of us cut police officers breaks. I don't think you would like the world where we had no discretion. I'm sure that world would consist of all tickets and very very little warnings or empathy. I'm not trying to stab at you, and I hope it didn't come across that way.

Leave a comment:

• trooperden
    replied
    question of policy

Kieth, thank you for setting me straight. The man has several issues doesn't he!

Leave a comment:

• Kieth M.
    replied
    Originally posted by trooperden
    JDR did a cop give you a ticket? (sic) basically a miserable person. (sic) You are a very unhappy person, maybe try a new vocation
    Trooperden - My elusive friend, JDR, is not a prosecutor/former P.O. He had laid out the profile of our brother, Justice12, in order to address the worthiness of his posts, all the while avoiding mine.

But you seem to right about Jerry. I wonder how "clean" and rule-observing the rest of the service providers in his city are? Why does he stick, just with the cops? I'm sure the elected officials, fire service, religeous leaders, educators, doctors, nurses, and postal workers have also sworn oaths as well.

Leave a comment:

• trooperden
    replied
    a question of police policy

JDR did a cop give you a ticket? I would surely think being a prosecuter you would use your time more wisely than to spend it on the computer. I am retired so I have plenty of time. I would hate being a cop in your jurisdiction I am not sure you would put your full effort into a case. You seem so hateful and basically a miserable person. You in fact are the very people I miss the least since I have retired. I am so fortunate not to have you for a neighbor. You must have the majic wand so get going and start waving, making the world all so much better. I have to ask do you really prosecute a case as hard as you do for wanting to nail a speeding off duty or on duty cop. You are a very unhappy person, maybe try a new vocation

Leave a comment:

• SRT Sniper
    replied
    Originally posted by jdr
    ...On the contrary, I have nothing at all against police officiers, only those who break laws that we again have to abide by...
    I find this VERY hard to believe in light of your previous comments!!

Leave a comment:

• Kieth M.
    replied
    Originally posted by justice12
    I never said it was "OK", I said "Who cares?" When I was a cop, I had much better things to do then write BS parking tickets and moving violations. Whether it's a cop or not, I don't care about it unless it is a serious violation, like doing 70 in a residential area. And, yes, I know you hate this, but I would never have written another cop a ticket under any circumstances.
    Jerry, have you ever heard the expression, "Don't sweat the small stuff?"

Leave a comment:

• justice12
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by jdr
    Birthday:
    April 10, 1977
    Are You Employed in the Law Enforcement Industry:
    Yes
    Are You a Sworn Police Officer:
    No
    former police officer- now prosecutor

Sir, the concern still is why the officier or any other thinks it is okay to avoid restrictions that everyone else has to abide by. No, I am not the only one who feels this way toward those who have positions that allow them opportunities to do as they please. A police officer's job is one of high profile, and that is why their disregard of laws is so noticeable. On the contrary, I have nothing at all against police officiers, only those who break laws that we again have to abide by. As a former cop and now a prosecutor, I can't believe that you feel that this infraction is okay. Bye.
    I never said it was "OK", I said "Who cares?" When I was a cop, I had much better things to do then write BS parking tickets and moving violations. Whether it's a cop or not, I don't care about it unless it is a serious violation, like doing 70 in a residential area. And, yes, I know you hate this, but I would never have written another cop a ticket under any circumstances.

Leave a comment:

• jdr
    replied
    Birthday:
    April 10, 1977
    Are You Employed in the Law Enforcement Industry:
    Yes
    Are You a Sworn Police Officer:
    No
    former police officer- now prosecutor

Sir, the concern still is why the officier or any other thinks it is okay to avoid restrictions that everyone else has to abide by. No, I am not the only one who feels this way toward those who have positions that allow them opportunities to do as they please. A police officer's job is one of high profile, and that is why their disregard of laws is so noticeable. On the contrary, I have nothing at all against police officiers, only those who break laws that we again have to abide by. As a former cop and now a prosecutor, I can't believe that you feel that this infraction is okay. Bye.

Leave a comment:

• Kieth M.
    replied
    Jerry...You're ignoring me...answer one or both of my questions, please!

Leave a comment:

• justice12
    Guest replied
    JDR:

If it wasn't a police car parked illegally, if it was a civilian, what would you have done?? Would you have written a letter about it? How about calling the police? No, you wouldn't have done anything.

You obviously have something against cops in general. Stop making such a big deal about stupid crap like cops speeding and parking illegally. Who cares?

Leave a comment:

• jdr
    replied
    Originally posted by PD602
    Jerry, sounds like your upset becuase you didn't get a call back from the supervisor. So you have nothing better to do then post a stupid thread on this forum about cops being criminals if they speed. Get a life, your profile says you are retired, why don't you go golfing or take a cruise or something, instead of wasting all of our time with stupid threads.
    to John.Ward
    More options 3:15 pm(3 minutes ago)
    On Friday, June 23, about 6 pm, I observed a state trooper illegally parked in a fire lane at Bardstown's Wal-mart. I first thought the officer was parked there because of an emergency, but upon observing a bit longer, I watched the officer come out of the store pushing a grocery cart filled with large bags of dog food and other items. I wanted to give the officer a citation, but, of course, I could not. I also realize that my reporting of this will go nowhere, and not because I have not given you the cruiser I D number. I don't think it's right that officers can abuse their positions because they have no one to cite them. I am sending this to my state representative with more information as I don't feel that his supervisor or anyone else would punish him for this violation. If you wish to respond, please do so.

Sincerely,

a citizen of KY

Leave a comment:

• PD602
    replied
    Originally posted by jdr
    Well, I think I have commented enough about this issue so I will not be replying to any more discussions. I want to apologize to those officers who obey the laws and who do not take advantage of their positions for personal items, whether it be misusing one's position to speed from one point to another while off duty or expecting freebies at restaurants, etc. Those of you do obey the laws have my highest respect; howver, those who you who do not adhere to the laws know who you are and should be ashamed. It would be equitable for those of you who disobey the speed limits while off duty to be pulled over and cited for your violation just as we who are not cops are. If your citation involved your having to pay the same fine as we would have to pay and your having to go to court just like we private citizens have to do and having your auto insurance policy premium increased and having your driver's liscense suspended or revoked and lastly possibly having your insurance cancelled, I know that you would see matters differently. In closing, I again ask, "Who is watching you who are watching us? " Speeding is an offense and a crime, so if you are an officer who illegally speeds, you are a criminal.

Sincerely,
    JDR
    Jerry, sounds like your upset becuase you didn't get a call back from the supervisor. So you have nothing better to do then post a stupid thread on this forum about cops being criminals if they speed. Get a life, your profile says you are retired, why don't you go golfing or take a cruise or something, instead of wasting all of our time with stupid threads.

Leave a comment:

• Squader01
    replied
    Yeah, that's what I ment. Sorry

Leave a comment:

• Kieth M.
    replied
    Originally posted by Squader01
    (Sung to the tune of Shake Shake Shake, Your body)
    Isn't that supposed to be 'Shake your booty' by KC and the Sunshine Band?

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4740 users online. 266 members and 4474 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X