Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chaser, in those circumstances, I find it is better to vote them out than to take the chance on a two-faced moron trying to tell everyone else how to live.

Unfortunately, you have a point... good qualifications for being a politician

Just another reason why I don't like politicians...

Comment

Originally posted by jdr
      Your bio above shows that you are not an officer and that I am wasting my time replying to you. Looks like YOU need a hobby.
      Okay, JDR, that covers her...although she's not the issue here, your posted question is...did you check out my bio and decide, somehow, that I wasn't worth replying to, either???
      "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by Rohan
        So- you as an officer run lights and sirens to alarm calls, burglary calls, active domestic violence calls, all traffic accidents, suspicious vehicles, suspicious people, and anything else I have left out?
        I ran on these and others in whatrever way policy and the law dictated I should respond. What's wrong with that?
        And if you don't go code you drive the speed limit?
        I ran the speed limit unless the law authorized otherwise.
        PULEEZE. Have you ever worked an area bigger than a couple mile zone?
        How does 6,000 square miles grab ya?
        In the county where I work if I don't go 70 to most of my complaints it will take me about 25 to 30 minutes to drive to them considering my county is almost 800 square miles.
        Mine was 6,000 sq miles.
        My state specifically exempts us from using lights and siren in several diff. instances and any other time that their use would be impractical.
        Yes. Your point is????
        The All New
        BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
        Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
        - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Originally posted by chaser266
          I hear ya, Rohan. The retired Wyoming Highway Patrolman draws on his experience enforcing traffic laws in an apparently rural environment. Many state agencies do run code to many, if not all, accidents.
          Really? Not Wyoming. But do name one.
          And, he's currently running for office in the state legislature. So, these factors may have caused him to believe that it's a wrong and "emotional" decision to speed without emergency equipment, unless you're "in pursuit of a violator."
          Actually, unless the law authorizes it, it is emotional. Just like training teaches us not to run up and pummel a chase suspect, but so many do because of emotional build up. It has nothing to do with my political future.

I was somewhat perplexed by his response, and I gave him the benefit of the doubt because he stated that they "will sometimes break the rules to do a better job for you." So, I'm not sure if he's with us, or against us on this. This kind of skill equates to an excellent future in politics!
          Who is "us," Kimosabee? And with, or against, what, exactly?
          What I am for is professional peace officers who have a grip on what the law means - not rogue cops who make it up as they go or are ruled by emotion.
          Last edited by 1042 Trooper; 06-18-2006, 07:27 PM.
          The All New
          Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
          - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Originally posted by SRT Sniper
            Chaser, in those circumstances, I find it is better to vote them out than to take the chance on a two-faced moron trying to tell everyone else how to live.
            Two-faced moron telling others how to live? Gee wiz, seemed like all I did was to take part in a discussion. Your lack of being on the job betrays you young man. Perhaps one day if you can get back on the job awhile you may see there is no place for this harsh attitude.
            Last edited by 1042 Trooper; 06-18-2006, 08:43 PM.
            The All New
            - M1Garand

Comment

I've realized this Jerry guy is probably right. Next time his wife is getting pistol whipped, I promise I won't speed to his house. I mean, shouldn't we follow the same rules that we enforce, in lieu of enforcing the law?

Hahah catgotchatounge---
              "I'm the man who invented the wheel, and built the Eiffle Tower out of metal and brawn, that's what kind of man I am. You? You're just a women with a small brain." -Ron Burgundy

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper
                I ran on these and others in whatrever way policy and the law dictated I should respond. What's wrong with that?

I ran the speed limit unless the law authorized otherwise.
                You are going to be a very successful politician. mostly becuase you are full of it. You're going to sit there and tellme that you ran code to every call you got that was hot and if you got one that was active like a burglary in progress you would have gone either code or at the speed limit? Roll up your pants guys cuz it's getting deep in here now!

How does 6,000 square miles grab ya?

Mine was 6,000 sq miles.
                So your are saying that you drove the speed limit to every call you got in a 6000 mile area? Yup, now you'll need hip waders.

Yes. Your point is????
                My point was to say that I don't believe you. I think you have lost touch with police work completely. Just like when you told some guy that you have to have the laser moving in order to get a reading.

Last edited by Rohan; 06-18-2006, 09:45 PM.
                "When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power ... like God must feel when he's holding a gun. " Homer Simpson

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Squader01
                  Next time his wife is getting pistol whipped, I promise I won't speed to his house.
                  Pistol-whip, does that come in flavors, or even a pistol-whip light?

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper
                    Two-faced moron telling others how to live? Gee wiz, seemed like all I did was to take part in a discussion. Your lack of being on the job betrays you young man. Perhaps one day if you can get back on the job awhile you may see there is no place for this harsh attitude.
                    Sorry Trooper... It wasn't my intention to call you a two-faced moron, I misread the post... (it was supposed to be directed at jdr)
                    And you're right... It probably was a bit harsh, even for him.
                    Anyway, I am not that young and will be back on the job soon enough...
                    Since it wasn't my intention to SLAM you in the first place (and was my mistake), I'll play nice...
                    Last edited by SRT Sniper; 06-19-2006, 01:16 PM. Reason: because I wanted too

Comment

Originally posted by Rohan
                      You are going to be a very successful politician. mostly becuase you are full of it.
                      Full of what, exactly?
                      You're going to sit there and tellme that you ran code to every call you got that was hot and if you got one that was active like a burglary in progress you would have gone either code or at the speed limit? Roll up your pants guys cuz it's getting deep in here now!
                      Don't believe I ever said that. Careful now. Never assume because, well, you know.

So your are saying that you drove the speed limit to every call you got in a 6000 mile area? Yup, now you'll need hip waders.
                      Never said this either. Do you write reports like this, just making it up as you go along?

My point was to say that I don't believe you.
                      That would tough noogies. The courts, public and my kids believe me and that's good enough for me. How you feel means precisely squat.[QUOTE]
                      I think you have lost touch with police work completely.
                      Indeed - lost touch 3 years ago after I retired.
                      Just like when you told some guy that you have to have the laser moving in order to get a reading.
                      That was indeed a misunderstanding on my part and a poorly worded repsonse. While I'm sure cops don't make mistakes in your world, they sure do in mine. I got a million of 'em!

Perhaps more time on the job will give you a better grip on profesional police work, truth and real justice and a more mellow outlook on those who see things differently than you.

Or, perhaps a career in insurance sales.
                      The All New
                      - M1Garand

Comment

Rohan and 1042Trooper,
                        You both need to relax. Neither of you have anything to proove, as you are both veterans. If you can not get along, I will come back there and you do not want me to do that!

Comment

Yes, fellows, please make nice so JDR can get back to us all with his replies & remarks...I know he will soon.

Comment

(Sung to the tune of Shake Shake Shake, Your body).

Bake Bake Bake , Bake Bake Bake, in the Oven.. In the Oven..
                            "I'm the man who invented the wheel, and built the Eiffle Tower out of metal and brawn, that's what kind of man I am. You? You're just a women with a small brain." -Ron Burgundy

Comment

Originally posted by Squader01
                              (Sung to the tune of Shake Shake Shake, Your body)
                              Isn't that supposed to be 'Shake your booty' by KC and the Sunshine Band?

Comment

Yeah, that's what I ment. Sorry

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4636 users online. 282 members and 4354 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X