300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Soon2Be
    Find a hobby! Stirring up sh** on a pro-police forum is worthy of the followng:

Your immature little pic shows what kind of a person and police officer you are or will be. It appears that if you were to wear the uniform that you would probably disgrace it and those you claim to serve. If you are an officer, I do hope you resign.

Comment

Originally posted by chaser266
      Jerry: I think you're really on to something here. I think you should become an officer -- you can pioneer a new unit, Internal Affairs: Traffic Division. Who knows, maybe someday you'll work your way up to the FBI where you can have an impact on corrupt officers speeding nationwide. Since I came up with the idea, I just ask that any book or movie deals go through me. I can see it now... "Serpico II: RADAR with a Vengance."
      Why is it that every time someone is critical or finds fault with the police, especially you, that you respond with absolute sarcasm? No, I have no intent on becoming an officer and being in internal affairs, but I do believe that my point has been well taken, even though you and others enjoy poking fun at my observations, which I am sure are shared by more people than you can imagine. I really don't appreciate the your attitude of being above the law because you may wear a uniform. It is this type of attitude that creates hostility and bitterness. Again, I ask why police officers disobey laws that they are supposed to inforce?
      Last edited by jdr; 06-16-2006, 01:58 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Why do some doctors prescribe tons of crap prescriptions instead of investigating the actual illness?

Why do some airline pilots drink before a scheduled flight?

Why do some taxi drivers take personal calls while driving you around?

Why do some lawyers lie?

Why do some NBA players cheat on their wives?

Answer:

It's going to happen whether you care about it or not. Save yourself the aggravation and find a worthwhile hobby. Especially since you seem only interested in talking about it, instead of actually doing something about it.

You are poking a stick in a hornet's nest, and acting all indignant when you get responses you don't like. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why you're getting some of the responses you are.

Comment

Originally posted by jdr
          Your immature little pic shows what kind of a person and police officer you are or will be. It appears that if you were to wear the uniform that you would probably disgrace it and those you claim to serve. If you are an officer, I do hope you resign.
          Don't get your trousers in a bunch, it's a funny picture.

If it truly offends you, I will remove it, no questions asked. Just say the word.

As far as career aspirations, I'm amazed you can tell what kind of person I am from one post. You clearly have a gift. I bow down before your internet prowress.
          Last edited by Soon2Be; 06-16-2006, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Find a hobby! Stirring up sh** on a pro-police forum is worthy of the followng:

Wow, because a little pic they should resign. Why should they resign? Is that picture a crime?

Why havent you answered my question either?

Why do you care so much about what the police do anyways?

Do they help you when you need help?

Do you speed in your personal car?

On a side note you will find that cops have a good sense of humor and when we are relaxing on the internet we like to have fun. If you dont like the reponses dont let the door hit you in the butt.

I
            John D. MacDonald, "The early bird who catches the worm works for someone who comes in late and owns the worm farm."

Comment

Okay, JDR, I'm still waiting...and others are seeing you are not replying...answer the question, please.
              "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieth M.
                Okay, JDR, I'm still waiting...and others are seeing you are not replying...answer the question, please.
                Kieth: Don't hold your breath waiting for Jerry. He's too wrapped up in the principle of the matter -- the practicality does not figure into the equation. He took my joke about becoming a cop pretty seriously by responding that he had no intention of being a cop or working internal affairs.

Jerry is nothing but a troll, and I will treat him as such by enabling the ignore feature. Jerry doesn't like my serious responses to his questions, nor does he like my witty repartee. And, he's unwilling to respond to our questions or to clarify the details about the situation that has made him so upset. The underlying problem is that Jerry is just an envious loser.

Comment

Why do some doctors prescribe tons of crap prescriptions instead of investigating the actual illness?

Why do some airline pilots drink before a scheduled flight?

Why do some taxi drivers take personal calls while driving you around?

Why do some lawyers lie?

Why do some NBA players cheat on their wives?

Answer:

It's going to happen whether you care about it or not. Save yourself the aggravation and find a worthwhile hobby. Especially since you seem only interested in talking about it, instead of actually doing something about it.

You are poking a stick in a hornet's nest, and acting all indignant when you get responses you don't like. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why you're getting some of the responses you are.
                  Computer Programmer
                  Biography:
                  29yr-old Female, working on getting hired with provincial force right now.

Your bio above shows that you are not an officer and that I am wasting my time replying to you. Looks like YOU need a hobby.

Comment

JDR,
                    Man why don't you just get a life...
                    If it bothers you so much, take a taxi, or better yet, call for delivery...

Some of these guys have tried to seriously answer your question with legitimate information, including statutes specifically removing the requirement for LEOs to obey the speed limits, traffic regulations, etc., giving you all the justification that you could want.

Still you persist in trying to ruffle feathers.

1042 Trooper, Chaser266 and KiethM - Hats off!! Excellent attempt at addressing the concerns of an apparent problem child.

Comment

Originally posted by jdr
                      Hello. This is my first experience using a police message board so I hope I will not appear to be too stupid. My question has to do with police officers abiding by the same traffic regulations that us civilians must follow, in particular abiding by posted speed limits when not in pursuit of a violator of some traffic regulation. Maybe I am wrong, but it is my understanding that vehicle pursuits must involve the officer's use of his/her lights and/or sirens. Therefore, if a police officer is driving beyond a posted speed limit, he/she is committing a traffic violation. A few police officers have told me that their speeding is one of the perks that come with the job and that this is no violation. I'm sorry, but I disagree with any one believes this, and I do not think that it is fair that this so called perk is used to get him/her from point A to point B more quickly than us other drivers. Can anyone tell me what the policy is in this matter? Thank you.

Jerry

This post has been covered so many times and here is another fine person that is trying to find ways to get police officers in trouble. I bet you dont mind when we speed if your butt needs help.

Comment

Okay, JDR, 24 hours and change, later...you still have no reply to me, why?

Alrighty then, maybe my first scenario was too tough for you, here's another true life tale of police work:

It's a Monday and you respond to a call of an "Ambulance woman down," in your assigned area. Upon arrival you find two women in their 30's being loaded into an ambulance. They were given a gift box of gin, from a former fellow tenant at the apartment building, which they drank. They are convulsing. The Paramedics are literally racing to try and save them. You later learn they are the victims of cyanide poisoning. You have a suspect description, but find out he's never given a real name when he lived in the building. He suspected them of stealing from him. He's a chemistry student. He gave the gin bottle to one of the poisoned women's kids to take to her as a gift. The child watched his mother and her friend drink, collapse to the floor, vomit, and convulse. The hospital keeps them both, one in a comatose state, the other lucky to be alive (she will suffer seizures for the rest of her life, though).

Two days later, it's a Wedesday. It's time for your shift to end and you're at the station. Back at the apartment building a call comes out of, "possible attempt murder suspect, there now." The description matches your suspect from Monday. Because it's change of shift, there will not be anyone in your assigned area for a good 20-30 minutes. It's now rush hour and if we're going to catch the guy, we need to get there...now it's just shy of 20 years before the dispatch policy change...so again, there's no lights & siren authorized for this run, just get there ASAP, but observe all the traffic laws.

JDR, you're telling me you would respond to this call and:

Not roll through a stop sign?

Not pass a slower vehicle on the right?

Not pass a slower vehicle by driving on the wrong side of the roadway?

Not go 10-25 miles over the posted speed limit?

Not blow through a couple of red lights after coming to a complete stop and seeing no cross traffic anywhere near you?

Not driving over a section of sidewalk after seeing that there are no peds on it?

There is a good chance you will catch this would-be killer, JDR, if you do...how do you want to handle it??????
                        Last edited by Kieth M.; 06-18-2006, 01:30 AM.
                        "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper
                          You are right to suspect wrong doing here. No matter how many ways and how many times these officers try to explain it away, there is no justifiable reason for a police officer to break traffic law without a visible signal, unless in pursuit of a violator. On any other occasion, visible emergency lighting or siren must be used.

Many will claim these "in-between" calls or call stacking, but that is no excuse.

Having said all of this, remember cops are not robots. They act on emotion just like you do and will sometimes break the rules to do a beter job for you. Remember that the next time you see this
                          So- you as an officer run lights and sirens to alarm calls, burglary calls, active domestic violence calls, all traffic accidents, suspicious vehicles, suspicious people, and anything else I have left out? And if you don't go code you drive the speed limit? PULEEZE. Have you ever worked an area bigger than a couple mile zone? In the county where I work if I don't go 70 to most of my complaints it will take me about 25 to 30 minutes to drive to them considering my county is almost 800 square miles. My state specifically exepmts us from using lights and siren in several diff. instances and any other time that their use would be impractical.
                          Last edited by Rohan; 06-18-2006, 04:16 AM.
                          "When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power ... like God must feel when he's holding a gun. " Homer Simpson

sigpic

Comment

JDR, you're telling me you would respond to this call and:
                            Kieth: You're forgetting something -- JDR would not respond to the call to begin with because he does not have what it takes to be a brave cop. That's probably why this tool is hiding behind his computer and stirring things up on a police website.

I'm just hoping JDR will share with us what his occupation is, so we can provide some input on how he should do his job. I'm sure he'd be receptive to any criticism we have to offer. Sadly, I'll never know, since JDR does not exist in my world.

Comment

Originally posted by jdr
                              Computer Programmer
                              Biography:
                              29yr-old Female, working on getting hired with provincial force right now.

Your bio above shows that you are not an officer and that I am wasting my time replying to you. Looks like YOU need a hobby.
                              Although I'm a newer poster here myself it seems to me that she has garnered the respect of the cops on this site through her honesty and respect of us. They often treat her as a friend.
                              "When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power ... like God must feel when he's holding a gun. " Homer Simpson

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rohan
                                So- you as an officer run lights and sirens to alarm calls, burglary calls, active domestic violence calls, all traffic accidents, suspicious vehicles, suspicious people, and anything else I have left out? And if you don't go code you drive the speed limit? PULEEZE. Have you ever worked an area bigger than a couple mile zone? In the county where I work if I don't go 70 to most of my complaints it will take me about 25 to 30 minutes to drive to them considering my county is almost 800 square miles. My state specifically exepmts us from using lights and siren in several diff. instances and any other time that their use would be impractical.
                                I hear ya, Rohan. The retired Wyoming Highway Patrolman draws on his experience enforcing traffic laws in an apparently rural environment. Many state agencies do run code to many, if not all, accidents. And, he's currently running for office in the state legislature. So, these factors may have caused him to believe that it's a wrong and "emotional" decision to speed without emergency equipment, unless you're "in pursuit of a violator."

I was somewhat perplexed by his response, and I gave him the benefit of the doubt because he stated that they "will sometimes break the rules to do a better job for you." So, I'm not sure if he's with us, or against us on this. This kind of skill equates to an excellent future in politics!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4808 users online. 285 members and 4523 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X