300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I could leave but I'm staying for now

I have been posting to another law enforcement forum on the web, but this one also looks interesting. I am a supervisor of a group of federal agents who investigate fraud in southern California. I have been in federal law enforcement since 1977.

I have been eligible to retire for four years but am sticking it out for three more because I still like what I do and, of course, want to add to my pension.

I look forward to adding my two cents to discussions here. Maybe I will learn something. I am especially interested in what retirement eligible officers are planning to do afterwards, or what retirees are doing. Hopefully there is a life after this career.

Originally posted by Fraud Dog
    I have been posting to another law enforcement forum on the web, but this one also looks interesting. I am a supervisor of a group of federal agents who investigate fraud in southern California. I have been in federal law enforcement since 1977.

I have been eligible to retire for four years but am sticking it out for three more because I still like what I do and, of course, want to add to my pension.

I look forward to adding my two cents to discussions here. Maybe I will learn something. I am especially interested in what retirement eligible officers are planning to do afterwards, or what retirees are doing. Hopefully there is a life after this career.
    Hello and welcome from New Jersey
    I am no where near retirement but our retired officers either have moved on to pursuing their own construction company, working as a PI, armored trucks or accident reconstruction. Very few have retired without continuing employment in something of course due to financial reasons.
    I wish you the best of luck and hope you have fun here on the site!

Comment

HOWDY FROM TEXAS!!!Welcome to the site!!
      FILL YOUR HANDS!!!

Comment

Welcome aboard!

As long as You "Like what you do" there's no reason to retire.

I like this site because there are diverse opinions from accross the country {plus they sort out the Trolls pretty quickly}.
        "The statements and opinions contained in this communication do not necessarily reflect the official position of the Commission regarding these issues."
        09/11/2001 Never Forget

Comment

Welcome aboard, you joined the same year as me, probably leaving at around the same time too.

Dave

Comment

No out like burnout...

Congrats on the longevity. Enjoy your work, then enjoy retirement....
            "It's not how far the shot was; it's how close you were able to get."

--Jeff Cooper

Comment

Welcome to the board, Yes there is life after retirement. I retired 12 years ago this next Feb 1st. I do nothing but work around my place, Hunt and fish and play with my toys ( firearms and reloader )

Comment

Welcome "Fraud Dog" .....

..... from yet another "currently eligable - future retiree - who just hasn't taken the step yet either" type!!!

Originally posted by DETSGT
                Welcome to the board, Yes there is life after retirement. I retired 12 years ago this next Feb 1st. I do nothing but work around my place, Hunt and fish and play with my toys ( firearms and reloader )
                Now ..... that sounds like one of my many alternative plans ..... only please throw in some motorcycle riding (short & long touring).
                Adios amigos.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraud Dog

welcome. What agency?

-tink

Comment

Welcome, I worked forgery and fraud as an investigator for about eight years. Burn out was starting to set in so I decided to go back to the streets and have been having a great time. Not much has changed other than the faces (and they seem to run faster). Hope you enjoy the site and your remaining time on the job.

Comment

Originally posted by tbear853
                      Welcome "Fraud Dog" .....

..... from yet another "currently eligable - future retiree - who just hasn't taken the step yet either" type!!!

Now ..... that sounds like one of my many alternative plans ..... only please throw in some motorcycle riding (short & long touring).

Sorry but the wife made me give up the Cycle back in 1976 when I destroyed my left knee while on vacation. Plus my driveway now is 1/2 mile long and all stone and leads to the maine road that is all stone for about another 1 1/2 miles before you get to asphalt. Bike's and stone roads don't get along too good as I am sure you know.

Comment

Sorry but the wife made me give up the Cycle back in 1976 when I destroyed my left knee while on vacation. Plus my driveway now is 1/2 mile long and all stone and leads to the maine road that is all stone for about another 1 1/2 miles before you get to asphalt. Bike's and stone roads don't get along too good as I am sure you know.
                        Well, I know where you're coming from. Of course ... there is the TRIKE option. I have two bikes ... and we have a GW 1500 Trike, it's a blast to ride, great fun, and it works very well on gravel roads!

Anyways ..... best of luck in your continuing retirement.....
                        Adios amigos.

Comment

Greetings from cloudy Indiana!
                          And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”- Romans 8:28

Comment

Welcome from Texas. Enjoy the forum, have fun and stay safe.

Comment

Welcome to the site. Remember to add your two cents in any thread. We are all here to assist one another and pass on sometimes fun, sometimes important, sometimes sad, and sometimes helpful, information. Be safe.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6137 users online. 337 members and 5800 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X