Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Sacramento/Citrus Heights Ca.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Sacramento/Citrus Heights Ca.

Hello all,

My name is Kevin and I'm currently going through Sac. Pd's hiring process. My physical agility test is on Friday 10-15-05 (no problem) and oral interviews are the 17th, 18th, & 19th. I was so excited and nervous when I interviewed with Roseville Pd last year that I froze. I have a lot more confidence this time around and have spent a lot more time preparing. I was thinking of keeping my answers short, sweet, and to the point this time. I tend to elaborate a bit too much and add too much emotion to my answers, causing me to ramble a bit.

EXAMPLE: (Actual question from Roseville Pd)

You pull over a Captain from a neighboring police department who is DUI. What do you do?

Short and Sweet:
    I call my Sgt. and inform him/her of the situation and ask how to proceed. If left up to my discretion I arrest the Captain for DUI. (Because police officers must be held to an even higher standard than everyone else.)

(I know this is a touchy subject for some cops so PLEASE, constructive critizism only. )

Welcome to the forum and howdy from Texas!!

Of course your answer on the example question is your official Exam Question answer.Now, what is your personal, on the side of the road with a Veteran officer that made a simple mistake asking you not to ruin his career answer??
    FILL YOUR HANDS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Dogg
      Welcome to the forum and howdy from Texas!!

Of course your answer on the example question is your official Exam Question answer.Now, what is your personal, on the side of the road with a Veteran officer that made a simple mistake asking you not to ruin his career answer??
      Hello.

My question back to you Bigg Dogg is:

Why do you ask? Are you looking to give me actual interview advice, or start an argument about why I would arrest a fellow officer for DUI?

Because I would. If you don't want to ruin your career don't Lie, Cheat, Steal, Murder, or Drive Under the Infulence. I have to draw the line of "Professional Courtsey" at the point where you are endangering the lives of others. As a Police Officer you must be held to a much higher standard than your average citizen. You are entrusted with inforcing the laws and had better be damn sure you don't break them. I believe in leading by example, not the "Do as I say not as I do" approach.

With that said, I've seen a lot of ugliness between Officers on this site over this topic and am ready for the lashing I expect to get from Veteran Officers who don't share my opinion.

Comment

Yep!!You are right,you do add too much emotion to your answers.I was just asking if that was the Politically correct answer or your Personal answer.Remember,police officers are people too,and they do make mistakes just like everyone else.
        You do what you want to do.
        FILL YOUR HANDS!!!

Comment

Yep!!You are right,you do add too much emotion to your answers.
          Told ya. That's why I'm going to try to keep my answers short and sweet.
          (Plus I was hit by a drunk driver when I was 18 or 19, so it is somewhat emotional for me)

Remember,police officers are people too,and they do make mistakes just like everyone else.
          You do what you want to do.
          DUI...that's a BIG "mistake". If I get pulled over drunk I expect to go to jail, now as a citizen and later as a police officer. That is why I don't drink and drive. It's that simple.

A friend of mine with a BA in Criminal Justice tried everything and couldn't get hired because he had a DUI. He was a friend of mine and I know how hard he worked to get to that point, but I couldn't feel sorry for his because he put himself in that possition. I'm nowhere near perfect and I've made some stupid decisions in my life, but I know right from wrong and always try to do the right thing.

Comment

welcome to the site...

Sac PD is a good place. Sac SO has more freedom...... Know plenty of folks up there...

good luck.
            ''Life's tough......it's tougher if you're stupid.''
            -- John Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by sgttom
              Sac PD is a good place. Sac SO has more freedom...... Know plenty of folks up there...
              Thanks for the welcome. The only reason I didn't want to join Sac County Sheriff is that I was told your first two years will be spent working the jail. I've managed to stay out of jail so far and don't plan on going any time soon.

Comment

Hey Kevin,

I'm just down the street from you in Gold River. Also just took the written test for Sac PD. Sac SO is a good organization, but yes, you do work jails, and as more and more cities in Sac County incorporate (as you know Citrus Heights has done) and start their own PD's, Sac SO will lose not only money, but patrol area. Sac PD is in no danger of that happening.

Are you looking at Citrus Heights PD?
                *Not a cop*

Comment

Originally posted by lsmalibu
                  Hey Kevin,
                  Are you looking at Citrus Heights PD?

In fact I just applied to Citrus Heights PD. On a whim I decided to check their website and surprise surprise they are hiring Police Officer Trainees. I had only seen Laterals before and since I haven't been throught the academy yet I need a department who will send me. App deadline is Oct. 14th, just incase you or anyone else reading this is interested.

P.S. Good luck with Sac.

Comment

Originally posted by kjadams2
                    In fact I just applied to Citrus Heights PD. On a whim I decided to check their website and surprise surprise they are hiring Police Officer Trainees. I had only seen Laterals before and since I haven't been throught the academy yet I need a department who will send me. App deadline is Oct. 14th, just incase you or anyone else reading this is interested.

P.S. Good luck with Sac.
                    Have you thought about sponsoring yourself thru an academy? I know Sac SO allows self-sponsors and ARC offers an academy just for that purpose. Might save you a lot of trouble.
                    *Not a cop*

Comment

Originally posted by lsmalibu
                      Have you thought about sponsoring yourself thru an academy?
                      I had a hard enough time putting my self through school. Working nights, classes durring the day, I'm through with that. I am the sole provider for my wife and two beautiful children. I don't want to send my wife back to work. Her job is at home, raising our children and she's doing a damn fine job. I don't want strangers raising my kids (daycare). That is why I won't sponsor myself.

If it takes me longer to get hired so be it. I will not give up.

Comment

Welcome from Texas. Enjoy the forum, have fun and stay safe. Good luck with the hiring process.

Comment

Welcome from New Jersey!
                          Have fun and stay safe

Comment

Welcome and good luck with SAC PD. I'm an ARC Grad and may be back in that area soon. My wife's cousin is a Detective with SAC PD. I have worked with them and SAC County a few times. They were great to work with, very professional. Good luck.

Comment

Welcome from Lake County

I used to live in Rancho Cordova. Good luck and welcome to the forums. It's a good place to learn.
                              "Ever watchful o'er me and mine; Ever gratful for the Thin Blue Line..."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3636 users online. 229 members and 3407 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X