300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Christian Cop

[FONT=Comic Sans MS] Been on the job for 8 years in Ontario.
    I am a Christian ( as contrary as that might be)
    Just lookin to talk to someone with the same deal...how to be Christian and a Cop. How do you make it thru your Shift with out feeling like your an imposter.

If there is anyone out there who know's what I am talking about send me a line.CMulder

Originally posted by CMulder
    Just lookin to talk to someone with the same deal...how to be Christian and a Cop. How do you make it thru your Shift with out feeling like your an imposter.
    2 Thessalonians 3:10
    Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

Hey, CMulder, another Canuck Christian Cop here!

There really is not much of a problem being both a LEO and a Christian, as long as you remember that you should be performing your duties based upon your appointment as a Peace Officer.

Being human, we are each going to fail at times to base our thoughts, words and deeds on our personal morals and beliefs, balanced against our sworn duty and obedience to lawful orders and legislation. When that happens, we just have to acknowledge those failings, do better the next time and be an example to sister and brother LEO/PO, as well as to the public.

Anyway, whenever you get tired of living in the Centre of the Known Universe, try patching over to a Prairie Province Municipal Police Service, or maybe come over to the "dark side" and get yourself a set of breeches, boots and spurs!
      #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
      Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
      RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
      Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
      "Smile" - no!

Comment

cmulder-

i personally think that being a christain and exercising one's role as police officer, each and every day, is a direct extention of the faith we seek to practice, even if some have not identified yet a that faith.

fyi, i am not an officer but eagerly excited about becoming one. i am however a christain and have come across this same question: "How do you make it thru your Shift without feeling like you're an imposter?" by this question, it would seem that walking 2 lines at once is a very difficult thing to do... yea?

well, i think that the great majority of those seeking a career in law enforcement do so because they understand the difference between good and evil - right and wrong. that in its self helps me believe (optimistically) that many who are working officers have some kind of faith that guides them to continue the job they're doing. as an example, if an officer practices law enforcement, that would indicate that he/she enforces the law of the land, a set of rules that carry conditions. by doing so, he may or may not agree with ALL of the rules/laws set forth by his government, but you can be sure that he agrees with great majority of the rules/laws set forth, otherwise he wouldn't be working as an officer.

if this much is true, then i can help but think that a "calling" has been identified for those many officers who have found law enforcement as a means of excersing a branch of their morals and values, but a "purpose" is still yet to be discovered.

that's where you come in, my brother! please don't get me wrong, i am not a jahova's witness, but do beleive in leading by example. by staying true to your faith and obstaining from things that go against it, you might have some in your dept. question why you go against the grain. this, i can speak of because it happened to me in high school and gave me the oppurtunity of share my faith with my school friends.

who's to say that it won't work in the work place?

just my 2 cents

Comment

WElcome to the forum.

Being a Christian and a police officer can go hand in hand.You will have have a perfect example to live the Christian lifestyle more than most christians will get a chance to,hopefully.You will have alot of opportunities to lend a helping hand and lead by a Christian example.There is not a thing wrong with treating people in a Christian way during your shift and still doing your job.Good luck in the future.
          FILL YOUR HANDS!!!

Comment

Welcome from Texas. Enjoy the forum, have fun and stay safe. You will find that your faith will be tested, but through those tests and trials you will find your faith stronger and more certain every day that God is in charge. Sometimes - many many times - we will ask why, why, why??? I have come to understand there is a reason, we may never find out the answer on this side, but I truly believe there is a reason for some of the things we see and have to deal with. But having your faith in God and Jesus is enough, that and a good sidearm.

Comment

Welcome from New Jersey!
              Have fun and stay safe

Comment

Pawncop, I agree wholeheartedly about faith growing stronger daily.

Although I haven't been on the job too terribly long, when I first hit the street, I can't say that my spiritual life was where it needed to be. I went to a Christian high school and a Christian college, and loved my walk with God. Ever since, though, it has been downhill. It seems a bit unlikely, but it's true: working the street is making me a better person. Slowly but surely, I'm getting back where I need to be. )
                "Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every authority instituted among men: whether to the king...or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and commend those who do right. For it is God's will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish men. Live as free men, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as servants of God. Show proper respect to everyone: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, honor the king." I Peter 2:13-17

Comment

Originally posted by CMulder
                  How do you make it thru your Shift with out feeling like your an imposter.
                  Actually that's quite an interesting question isn't it, because doesn't the Christian Bible say something about not busting yer Brethren or something?

I vaguely remember having a discussion about it at Christian Forums once.

Anyway! Nice to meet you.
                  When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.

Comment

Being a Christian Cop

CMulder,

I am Christian, and a cop, and I don't feel bad about it. God has laws; they need to be obeyed. In fact God puts rulers on this earth, some bad and some good, but they were all put in place by God -- His will. We are required to obey the law of the day. Without it there would be looting, rape and plunder. Take for example what happened in New Orleans.

You had better believe that God even put Robert Mugabe in power in Zimbabwe. God is a God of order. Without a ruler, with rules and people to enforce them there would be total anarchy and even more suffering.

Some scriptures to reinforce what I am saying (ASV):

1 Peter 2:13 - 16

Be subject to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether to the king, as supreme; or unto governors, as sent by him for vengeance on evil-doers and for praise to them that do well. For so is the will of God, that by well-doing ye should put to silence the ignorance of foolish men: as free, and not using your freedom for a cloak of wickedness, but as bondservants of God.

This was what Peter said to the Jews at the time that they were being persecuted and they were dispersed around the world (just after Nero torched Rome and blamed it on them -- around AD 60).

So God actually wants the rule of law. He doesn't say "If the ruler is good, obey the law" . He simply says "Obey the law of the day".

If God puts a ruler in place, then He needs some soldiers to support the ruler.

So, my brother, do what you do dilligently and to the glorification of God. Remember that he who kneels before God can stand before any man.

Comment

Welcome to the site. Remember to add your two cents in any thread. We are all here to assist one another and pass on sometimes fun, sometimes important, sometimes sad, and sometimes helpful, information. Be safe.

Comment

CMulder,

Be encouraged. Our last two Chiefs of Police have been Christians. The one we have now has been a cop here since 1986. He was a 3 yr officer when I was 17 and I volunteered at the police department (1989). He was noticably different and yet he was able to get along with his fellow officers (as far as I could tell). I know it is not easy to take a stand for Christ at a Police Dept because I know it is not easy anywhere and harder so when you are faced with the depravity of man at it's best. I also know from working there that most of the officers found their release in "not so Christ like" ways. Please don't get me wrong, I am still friends with most of the guys.

Please try to walk the walk at your work (and everywhere else) because you willtouch someone's life. I had a huge weight to lift off my heart (a crime committed against me as a child) that I didn't even feel comfortable talking about with my family and his office was open to me. Because of his apparent morals I felt that I could trust him with anything I had to tell him.

I'll put you on my prayer list.

Comment

C Mulder

I'm a Christian officer (and very proud of it) based in Northern Ireland. I think being in the police gives us an opportunity to do things for the Lord's glory more than most careers. My Bible says I should do everything as unto the Lord, i.e. no half measures and always by the book - I've found that people respect me for this.

You're not an imposter, you're the light in your organisation!

Sam D

Comment

CMulder,

I am a christian wife and mother. I base my beliefs about law enforcement on Romans 13:1-7, Titus 3:1, and 1 Peter 2:13-17. It is my understanding that these scriptures teach us all to respect, honor and obey all law enforcement.

Most people don't care what the Bible says about anything, much less law enforcement. Maybe by being an example to the world you can make a difference. All law enforcement officers make a difference regardless of whether they believe they do or not. God works through us all.

In my county, we are so blessed with wonderful officers and personnel. I try to keep an eye on them because we lost an officer not too long ago. I most likely never met him (can't say for sure) but he sure did have an impact on me. So never underestimate the power of your influence. You can and do make a difference every time you put on the badge and uniform. And remember, those verses apply to you as well. So when you look in the mirror don't forget to show some respect.

And don't forget your safety.

Take care.
                            CW
                            Chocolate cures all ailments

Memo:

Get over it already.

Comment

In Romans, it specifically states that we are ordained by God to enforce the laws. I am a Christian and I believe that the police and military are both ministers of God against evil in this world. There is no reason to feel like an imposter because you have to use force or violence. To be a Christian isn't to be a pansy as some think. Jesus wasn't a pansy. He made a whip and drove out the moneychangers from the temple (church) because they were making a mockery out of it. He then knowingly and willfully gave up his life to save all of us. That takes guts.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5032 users online. 308 members and 4724 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X