300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, newb here from Virginia

Hello all, Im new to this site and new to the job. I have been in the academy now for 8 months and tomorrow I will graduating, off on my own! If anyone can share some wisdom on me, please feel free to share

Welcome. ten characher

Comment

Welcome

Welcome and pay close attention once you go out on the street....it can get surreal....lol.....stay safe!

South Jersey

Comment

welcome to the real world

Fellow Trooper, I know how excited you must be, graduating from The Ohio State Highway Partrol academy in 1968 was one of the most important events in my life. A great occupation and a daily challenge. Be a company man but never a YES man. Do what is right and don't cut corners. Walk softly and learn quickly. Use your brain and not your emotions. Know the law before you enforce the law. Stop lots of warnings, get used to violator contact and in dealing with the public. A great career is ahead of you Take care and don't every be hesitant to ask questions. When in doubt punt, there is always another day, and finally just remember you can't catch them all

Comment

Welcome from South Side Va.

The advice from Trooperden is some of the best that you can get. Don't be afraid to ask questions the only dumb question is the one that YOU don't ask. Be safe out there and don't get hurt. Stay safe

Comment

Welcome

...to the site and to the job.

You are entering a world that only a select few can even begin to understand. This life is a rollercoaster, with many ups and downs. Pay attention to your FTO. The academy gave you a foundation which you will never stop building upon.

Stay safe!
            Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Welcome to the site and Congrats on Graduation.Now go get em!!!!LOL!!
              FILL YOUR HANDS!!!

Comment

VSP_Cutie What area are you going to? I think you all graduated yesterday, so I guess I could open with congratulations, but rather than hit back space I will ask this question in the post tense.

Comment

Welcome from Chesapeake, VA...
                  if you happen to get thrown into division 5 and patrol the lovely interstate systems we have here in hampton roads, im sure ill see you around... if you ever need any help while in chesapeake, the cpd and vsp work great together...

Comment

Welocome and congrats. Get ready for FTO, thats where the fun starts!

TGY
                    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

Congrats on your graduation. I'm only 5 1/2 months behind you. I hope you all enjoyed our little serenade Friday morning as we came came sloshing by in the rain.

Comment

OK first off CONGRATS and stay safe. Keep your nose clean and stay safe..
                        Second- NOtice how someone who posts cutie or someting feminine in their naem gets tons more hellos than say "Hello from the cop from the VIllage People "
                        I got nothing for now

Comment

Originally posted by e-man
                          Second- NOtice how someone who posts cutie or someting feminine in their naem gets tons more hellos than say "Hello from the cop from the VIllage People "
                          LOL so true

Comment

Originally posted by VSP_Cutie
                            Hello all, Im new to this site and new to the job. I have been in the academy now for 8 months and tomorrow I will graduating, off on my own! If anyone can share some wisdom on me, please feel free to share
                            Well, it's a sinch you won't be coming here then ....
                            .... I seen the two who are coming here when I was down there last month ....
                            .... and "VSP_Cutie" is not something that will readily come to mind when greeting either of them !!!!

Welcome aboard "Lady", pay attention to the experience around you where ever you wind up, and in time you'll learn to "sift the chaff from the grain", and it'll generally ... be a fun ride.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            "Depend on no one else to watch your ... ummm ... backside, either on the road, or otherwise, because usually ... there won't be anyone there to do it."
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            "Forget the shortcuts, they aren't worth the costs in the long run. They'll pay you the same to take the time to do it right the first time ...
                            ... as they will to go dodge trucks on the big road and then come back and do it all over again ... the right way."

Take Care ........
                            Adios amigos.

Comment

Howdy Howdy

Congratulations,

Pay attention to your surroundings, seem confident even when your not, don't be afraid to ask for help (I still do after 6 years, sometimes from people with less time on!). Good luck.

If you ever come through Nelson co. let us know if ya need anything.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4388 users online. 245 members and 4143 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X