X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OfficerDotCom
    replied
    Posts Removed, Users Warned, Personal Attacks Not Permitted Here.

Thread Closed.

Leave a comment:

• VEASP
    replied
    Post Removed. Do not engage or reply to personal attacks here. Please report the post.

Thank you

Leave a comment:

• VSP734
    replied
    I'm new too

Hey everyone. I'm a Virginia State Trooper too. I received an angry call from my brother (a FDNY firefighter) the other day regarding the NYPD/VSP traffic stop. I didn't know anything about it so I was searching the internet and found this website. Well, I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello! Stay safe!

Leave a comment:

• Treyday
    replied
    welcome

Hey welcome to the site... My wife is a Va State Trooper... I have alot of respect for you guys...

Stay Safe

Leave a comment:

• Bigg Dogg
    replied
    Never mind all that crap!!!Welcome!!

Leave a comment:

• GrayW4442
    replied
    POST REMOVED FOR PERSONAL ATTACK

Leave a comment:

• Photogrrlz
    replied
    Welcome aboard and happy posting.....

Leave a comment:

• tbear853
    replied
    Wow .... 630, that one really jumped your case didn't he. Before he asks me the same questions though, I think I'll respond once and for all here, if that's OK partner ???

Take care .......... and understand that much of what you see on the boards actually represents only a very small percentage of the profession.

Later ......

__________________________________________________ _______________

Originally posted by [B
    GrayW4442[/B]]Are you gonna share your great stories about how you write your fellow brothers in blue tickets, and stop them while they are in convoys trying to get home from a stressful situation in New Orleans?
    I wasn't there either Gray, but they went through here. Stressed out people who have spent two weeks of 12 hour days in virtual "hell" is not exactly my idea of "wide awake and alert" drivers that I want mingling on the road with the citizens that I am sworn to protect while they run at reckless speeds.
    We have a very old, very narrow, very crowded Interstate here and we work very hard trying to keep the lid on as we tire of working fatals.
    I have read the accounts of the stop you allude to above, even a transcript of the NJ Sheriff's conversation to the Va. Deputy (it was recorded). The Trooper and Deputy who made that stop used a great deal of restraint and showed a huge amount of intestinal fortitude in their attempt to calm a situation that was ongoing through the state to that point and which was not of their creation.

Originally posted by [B
    GrayW4442[/B]]Or maybe how you write brothers in MARKED squad cars for speeding when attending the LEO Memorial in DC.
    Not sure exactly what you're talking about there, but I do know of one case where 7 cars were reported by over 100 callers (the phone lines were jammed, many callers didn't get through) in two divisions covering 180 miles before they were slowed ... including three working Va. Troopers (one was working a wreck SB when they passed NB at high speed, one was working a 55 mph construction zone SB and checked them at 80+ as they went by NB but because of the walls, he couldn't get to them, and the third was in pursuit after checking them at 92 when the 4th one got in position to stop the convoy after checking them through radar himself) one Monday morning several years ago as they traveled north at speeds of 85-95 mph, who were using the blue lights to clear the left lane.
    The driver of the lead car was issued a summons to make the point that they should slow down (as obviously the posting of speed limit signs diidn't work) and surprise surprise ... not another complaint was logged in that, or any of the next several divisions they traveled through on their way to DC. The one ticket was dismissed in court after the court docket was cleared when it came up ... in absentia no less ... and with the issuing trooper's consent ... as the driver didn't show but rather his Sheriff wrote a very cordial letter to the court.

No doubt, when those officers showed up in DC, they probably had a lot of unpleasant things to say about Va., but they created the situation, they were the ones who were showing the citizens of Va and the users of her highways, and yes ... even the Troopers and Deputies who work those roads in the attempt to make them safer ... the greatest of discourtesies.

No, I'm not going to tell you "who did what" for it doesn't matter, but those are the facts.

I love LEOs, have spent my entire life around them, I hate it like all get out to stop one in any fashion, but I took an oath to my state and it's citizens when I signed on (yeah ... "only words", but they were words I said and meant), and the public trust is the strongest tool I have ... the public trust is what allows me to do my job and come home safely day after day, I (and my buddies around here) do not abuse that trust and risk loosing it.

And ... yes ... I have had some tickets, they were all paid before court, some of the officers and I still keep in touch. They were learning experiemces in earlier years, I ran the risk, I took my medicine, I learned that there is indeed, "life after tickets". I wouldn't trade them back in.

Originally posted by [B
    GrayW4442[/B]]I just cant wait for those stories!
    Ten Four ......

__________________________________________________ _______________

Leave a comment:

• Ghostrider_RSA
    replied
    Welcome to the board!

Spent quite a bit of time in Virginia (Fairfax County) and love the place, enjoyed being that close to DC.

Cover yer 6!

Leave a comment:

• VSP630
    replied
    Thanks for the welcome everyone. Yeah I dont know what that wolf guys deal is. Maybe he didnt get accepted by the VSP or maybe his Dept has him stuck behind a desk?

Leave a comment:

• wannabeenytrp
    replied
    Welcome to O.com VSP630. Looking forward to your posts...
    Last edited by wannabeenytrp; 10-02-2005, 11:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DETSGT
    replied
    Welcome to the board VSP630 from a South Side Va. Resident.

Hey GREYW4442, just a welcome would have shown your maturity, but your welcome show's how much of a WET BEHIND THE EARS ROOKIE YOU ARE, when you stop clumping people all together as one you will earn the right to not be clumped together as in all cop's are no good or all cop's eat donuts.

Get some time under your belt prior to opening your mouth in this negative way about all Va. State Troopers.

Leave a comment:

• Operator13
    replied
    Welcome from PA.

_____
    Dante

Leave a comment:

• trooperden
    replied
    Welcome Trooper

GrayW4442 wouldn't a greeting be more professional approach to this. Man ripping on this new member is totally uncalled for, you must be a pleasant partner to work with, I feel sorry for you. Welcome to the group Trooper

Leave a comment:

• GrayW4442
    replied
    Post Removed for Personal Attack.

User Warned.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4193 users online. 293 members and 3900 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X