Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jerseyshorecop
    replied
    I stayed in Warwick in 2003 while serving as a Delegate to the National FOP Convention held in Providence and was favorably impressed with all those I met....Does "Mickey" still work at the FOP Hall?... It was a nice place and the Dept. took good care of the delegates staying in your town. Warwick looked to me to be a good opportunity with it's vast area, population and commercial areas. I wish you luck and hope you stay safe.....

PS: I heard nothing Of Scott's case until I returned to NJ and read about it in a weekend magazine and was frankly shocked.
    Last edited by jerseyshorecop; 09-30-2005, 08:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Welcome from New Jersey! Enjoy!
    Good luck with your goal.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie31
    replied
    Originally posted by ScottFree94
    Evil is alive and well in genocide, twisting a religion to justify terrorism, invading countries under a veil of lies (Hitler, Napoleon, Bush, et al); however, malicious indifference, incompetence and poor training do not meet such high criteria.
    huh???????

Leave a comment:

• ScottFree94
    replied
    Hey Mike,
    The short of it is that I was ordered reinstated to detective level with backpay by RI Superior Court Chief Justice Rodgers on January 06, 2005 (no overtime, projected promotions, interest, just base pay) which I was okay with. Warwick Mayor Scott Avedisian appealled the decision to the RI Supreme Court. The Justices held my reinstatement and stopped my paychecks after I received 6 weeks pay. The RI Supreme Court ordered my case expedited, with a hearing set for last March '05, then May 11, then Sept. 27th (next week), and we just found out they took it off the docket again. I guess expedited is a term open to interpretation. But it's not in the mayor's hands, his counsel's or even the justices'; it's in God's. My family's struggled these past 13 years, but I've reminded myself these last three (since being released, and still not free) the same thing that kept me going the prior ten: people have endured far worse.
    From Rogue Island (Shawshank)
    Hope all's well with you,
    Scott

Leave a comment:

• Photogrrlz
    replied
    welcome aboard and happy posting

Leave a comment:

• mikemac64
    replied
    I am in MA and heard of the Warwick case when you were released I am guessing about 2 years ago. What a friggin shame on that whole deal. They should all be ashamed.

Just when you think your state is corrupt, little Rhody always steps up to reclaim the number 1 spot!!!!

As I recall, you were going to return to work. Is that a go yet?
    Last edited by mikemac64; 09-24-2005, 08:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ScottFree94
    replied
    Evil is alive and well in genocide, twisting a religion to justify terrorism, invading countries under a veil of lies (Hitler, Napoleon, Bush, et al); however, malicious indifference, incompetence and poor training do not meet such high criteria.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie31
    replied
    Welcome from NC!

Leave a comment:

• ScottFree94
    replied
    The WPD

Warwick's about to take a few big hits:
    My civil suit (I got on in '83, was wrongfully imprisoned for 6 1/2 years due to WPD/State malicious prosecution) before being exonerated; my partner's criminal complaint about to be filed against WPD members all the way up the ranks for covering for a B&E/frequent WPD & ACI visitor; and for causing the on-duty suicide of another partner for forcing him back to work. In all these instances and others I know of, the FOP Lodge 7 union and State FOP have turned their backs. You're better off applying for Smithfield.
    If you get on Warwick, watch your back more inside the station than out on the streets.

Leave a comment:

• Vmax
    replied
    thanks fellas

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Welcome from Texas. Enjoy the forum, have fun and stay safe. Good luck with the hiring process.

Leave a comment:

• Jellybean400
    replied
    Welcome! Good luck with the job...enjoy the site

Leave a comment:

• Vmax
    started a topic Future Officer from RI

Future Officer from RI

Hi All,
    My name is Ken and Im aiming to become a police officer in my hometown of Warwick RI. Warwick is the 2nd largest city in RI, but it only has about 86,000 people. The department seems to be a great outfit, and they have an awesome website www.warwickpd.org

They arent hiring until Spring of 06 which gives me about 6 or 7 months to get into shape for the physical test. I need to do a good amount of work, but Im off to a good start. The test doesnt seem to be too physically demanding, but I know Im not ready for it yet. But like I said, Ive got a half year to get ready for that.

I know a few guys on the force, and one told me I should go for it. Being a cop has always been a dream of mine, but I never tried because of others perceptions of the job. Well Im over that now, and Im not getting any younger (26)

Ive been reading the site for a week or so now, and Im glad to be here. Hopfully I can continue to learn from you guys, and Im sure Ill have a ton of questions once the hiring process starts

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3257 users online. 194 members and 3063 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X