300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Michigan

Hi, new to the forum. I am a Police Officer and a Firefighter from Michigan. Ours is a combined police/fire department; we are crosstrained in both. I've been an officer for 12+ years and look forward to meeting fellow officers from all over

Welcome to the forums, I'm originally from the Detroit area. Enjoy!
    All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsions, habit, reason, passion and desire.

Comment

Welcome mate

Welcome and greeting from Australia. How do you manage policing and fighting fires??

Dave
      Last edited by DaveNT; 09-16-2005, 07:26 AM. Reason: Spell check

Comment

Our department is combined - we have some guys assigned to the stations that operate the Rigs - the rest of us are in patrol cars. When a fire/rescue in my zone comes in I respond and have my fire gear in my trunck. If a fire, I strip down to my t-shirt/pants, throw my shirt, vest and gun belt in the trunck and put my bunkers on - fight the fire, then go back to the station, shower and get back dressed to go back on the road. Luckily we don't have too many "working" fires - the majority of my work is on the police side although we do run a lot of rescues. We're a mid-sized department, about 251 sworn and another 30 or so civilian officers. We have 7 stations with 2 trucks, and 6 engines - fire response is divided up according to our zones so depending on if its an alarm or house fire, etc we always have at least 2 - 3 engines and a truck respond, along with the officers assigned to those zones. Did I confuse you, lol

Comment

Cooper,

What part of Michigan are you from? I am orginally from Livonia. Thanks for keeping our state safe.

Joe

Comment

Thanks for that info, really interesting, whilst Ive heard of fire fighters being paramedics etc, I never heard of police officers being fire fighters.

Regards

Dave

Comment

The Port Authority Police of NY/NJ are also police officers/firefighters/ paramedics. Not every officer in the department is crosstrained but one agency assumes all 3 job functions. http://www.panynj.gov/AboutthePortAu...thorityPolice/

Oh and welcome to the board
              I believe forgiveness is Gods function; my job is to simply arrange the meeting.

Comment

Welcome from Texas. Enjoy the forum, have fun and stay safe. Interesting concept, I wonder about safety concerns regarding the way you must change thought processes.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4383 users online. 292 members and 4091 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X