300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here from MN.

Hello. I am in my late 20s and currently in training to take my POST test in the fall of 2006. I am in an accelerated program for professional adults so we have multiple courses at once and class 8 hours a week.

I chose a career change because I have wanted to be in law enforcement my whole life. Since life didn't start out EXACTLY how I had planned (imagine that!) I am now more prepared to start this career than I was 8-10 years prior.

/edit:
    I forgot to add. I have a 4 year degree in 2 areas, not related to LE
    /edit off.

I have extensivley gone through this forum and decided to join today after a lot of lurking. I look forward to the discussions and have already used valuable information in the areas of planning and PT.

Although like many others, I will take a large paycut, I have become mature enough to understand that it doesn't always take a huge salary to be happy. (I was actually happiest when I was unemployed and making very little!) Many have voiced "it always works out", "it is tough but worth it", etc. And I look forward to this challange.

Family and friends are skeptical, SO is happy because she knows I will be a major asset to any agency I am a part of. It also helps that she has some law enforcement and military in her family.

See you all around,

MNCopper
    Last edited by MNCopper; 09-15-2005, 03:10 PM.

Hi, I think you have chosen the right time to join. It helps to have a little life experience to bring with you.

Dave

Comment

Welcome from Texas. Enjoy the forum, have fun and stay safe. A little common sense goes a long way in this business. Good luck with the hiring process.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6303 users online. 335 members and 5968 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X