X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• timmy347
    replied
    Good luck

I was a correctional officer in Georgia for about a year and a half an I made the change to a police officer. Its a different ballgame, in corrections the criminal is in a controlled environment but out on the street they are in their full element. You will be fine Because former correctional officers tend to know how to talk to and deal with the criminal. Be safe and stay on the ready.

Leave a comment:

• gqevil1
    replied
    how do you like being a nyc correction officer.im trying to get in soon. im waiting on the class in november.

Leave a comment:

• Jellybean400
    replied
    Welcome, from Jersey. Have fun!

Leave a comment:

• irishlad2nv
    replied
    Originally posted by glock26rocs
    what a great site,,,i wish i would of found it sooner.im a nyc corrections officer in ny,,,,,hoping to transfer over to nyc police dept...if theres any nypd people out there,,,i need some help with turning my correction academy credits on to an official transcript......other than that,ill be chatting away!!!!!!!
    Welcome aboard. Now if you apply to NYPD you will still have to attend their academy.They do not lateral anyone in and being that you have no prior police work, since corrections is different, the whole academy life will be a shocker to you I am sure. Anyway, I would call their recruitment and start the process now. Good luck and be safe.

Leave a comment:

• Dragon1250
    replied
    Greetings from an upstate CO.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hello and welcome from New Jersey!
    Have fun!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Welcome from Texas. Enjoy the forum, have fun and stay safe.

Leave a comment:

• glock26rocs
    started a topic nyc co here,,,,,hello alllllll

nyc co here,,,,,hello alllllll

what a great site,,,i wish i would of found it sooner.im a nyc corrections officer in ny,,,,,hoping to transfer over to nyc police dept...if theres any nypd people out there,,,i need some help with turning my correction academy credits on to an official transcript......other than that,ill be chatting away!!!!!!!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4043 users online. 239 members and 3804 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X