X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DaveNT
    replied
    Thanks to all

Thanks to all, Lee, you must have gone to the 'Hookers Ball'. I went to one some years ago whilst working. My partner and I were wearing bike cop rig and fitted in with the crowd, most of the visitors thought we were in costum!!.

East Timor has changed a lot in recent times. Ive been back for a look around and revisted my old posting up in the hills. Some good people there.

Dave

Leave a comment:

• Tigger
    replied
    It was the five best test matches I think I have ever seen ! Brett Lee, what a superb bowler. Shame Harmison didn't really get firing.

Leave a comment:

• JohnKelly
    replied
    The Poms Won!!!

Originally posted by Tigger
    Just remind me who won the Ashes and Rugby world cup ?

To all those who don't know, there is a strong sporting rivalry between Australia and Great Britain.

Never the less, it was a great game of Cricket.

Well done.

Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• Photogrrlz
    replied
    Welcome aboard and happy posting. I had a port call in darwin back in 2000 when I was in the Navy. Had a great time....Had fun gambling and doing shots there as well.....

Leave a comment:

• Tigger
    replied
    The British have Marmite but it's rather like their Cricket and Rugby teams, in that it is not as strong as the Oz version.
    Just remind me who won the Ashes and Rugby world cup ?

To all those who don't know, there is a strong sporting rivalry between Australia and Great Britain.

Leave a comment:

• Freakapino
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnKelly
    G'day Lee,

Ah, Vegemite, aka Axle Grease or Horn Paste.

Do you have an equivalent to it in the US?

The British have Marmite but it's rather like their Cricket and Rugby teams, in that it is not as strong as the Oz version.
    Yup Spam, you can use it to clean your wooden furniture, too.

Leave a comment:

• JohnKelly
    replied
    Vegemite

[QUOTE=Washingtonian]I don't think we have anything comparable.

But we do have Spam

Leave a comment:

• Washingtonian
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnKelly
    G'day Lee,

I don't think we have anything comparable.

But we do have Spam

Leave a comment:

• JohnKelly
    replied
    Vegemite

Originally posted by Freakapino
    ...So, how's the good 'ol Darwin and East Timor? I miss Darwin to tell you the truth and Australia overall. Made a lot of good friends over there with the Australian and New Zealand Forces. I always remember one thing though, "VEGEMITE"!...
    G'day Lee,

Leave a comment:

• Freakapino
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveNT
    Hi to all!

My name is Dave, been a member of N.T. Police Force for 28 years. If any forum members served with me with UNPOL in East Timor in 2002 a special Hi!.

Hey Dave, howdy to you too. I was in the Darwin RAAF base during the INTERFET Operation in East Timor. I'm with the USINTERFET, as the Chief of the U.S. Marine Security Guard Force and Special Response Team for the UNINTERFET alongside with the British Ghurka Unit in 1999. So, we're pretty much the first guys there during the hussle and bussle and the cleaning of the city with the Australian Forces. Probably you've heard the famous well over there in Dili.

So, how's the good 'ol Darwin and East Timor? I miss Darwin to tell you the truth and Australia overall. Made a lot of good friends over there with the Australian and New Zealand Forces. I always remember one thing though, "VEGEMITE"! Crown Lager, VB, Four X, and that club in Darwin full of beautiful women - I remember the "Hooker's Night" very well!

A'right mate!

Lee

Leave a comment:

• letshearit4blue
    replied
    Welcome, from the state of New York.

Leave a comment:

• Skip08
    replied
    Greetings from far north qld

Leave a comment:

• rugbyman
    replied
    Kia ora and welcome from NZ Dave.

Leave a comment:

• JohnKelly
    replied
    Welcome

Hello Northern Territory. Welcome to Officer.com

Cheers.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Welcome from the great state of Texas. Enjoy the forum, have fun and stay safe.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3999 users online. 244 members and 3755 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X