Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Darwin, Australia.

Hi to all!

My name is Dave, been a member of N.T. Police Force for 28 years. If any forum members served with me with UNPOL in East Timor in 2002 a special Hi!.

Welcome from the great state of Texas. Enjoy the forum, have fun and stay safe.

Comment

Welcome

Hello Northern Territory. Welcome to Officer.com

Cheers.

Comment

Kia ora and welcome from NZ Dave.
        allblacks.com

Comment

Greetings from far north qld

Comment

Welcome, from the state of New York.
            Well life is too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveNT
              Hi to all!

My name is Dave, been a member of N.T. Police Force for 28 years. If any forum members served with me with UNPOL in East Timor in 2002 a special Hi!.

Hey Dave, howdy to you too. I was in the Darwin RAAF base during the INTERFET Operation in East Timor. I'm with the USINTERFET, as the Chief of the U.S. Marine Security Guard Force and Special Response Team for the UNINTERFET alongside with the British Ghurka Unit in 1999. So, we're pretty much the first guys there during the hussle and bussle and the cleaning of the city with the Australian Forces. Probably you've heard the famous well over there in Dili.

So, how's the good 'ol Darwin and East Timor? I miss Darwin to tell you the truth and Australia overall. Made a lot of good friends over there with the Australian and New Zealand Forces. I always remember one thing though, "VEGEMITE"! Crown Lager, VB, Four X, and that club in Darwin full of beautiful women - I remember the "Hooker's Night" very well!

A'right mate!

Lee
              "Don't be an Idiot - Use your common sense!" - Freakapino

Comment

Vegemite

Originally posted by Freakapino
                ...So, how's the good 'ol Darwin and East Timor? I miss Darwin to tell you the truth and Australia overall. Made a lot of good friends over there with the Australian and New Zealand Forces. I always remember one thing though, "VEGEMITE"!...
                G'day Lee,

Ah, Vegemite, aka Axle Grease or Horn Paste.

Do you have an equivalent to it in the US?

The British have Marmite but it's rather like their Cricket and Rugby teams, in that it is not as strong as the Oz version.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnKelly
                  G'day Lee,

The British have Marmite but it's rather like their Cricket and Rugby teams, in that it is not as strong as the Oz version.
                  I don't think we have anything comparable.

But we do have Spam
                  Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Comment

Vegemite

[QUOTE=Washingtonian]I don't think we have anything comparable.

But we do have Spam

Comment

Originally posted by JohnKelly
                      G'day Lee,

Yup Spam, you can use it to clean your wooden furniture, too.
                      "Don't be an Idiot - Use your common sense!" - Freakapino

Comment

Just remind me who won the Ashes and Rugby world cup ?

To all those who don't know, there is a strong sporting rivalry between Australia and Great Britain.

Comment

Welcome aboard and happy posting. I had a port call in darwin back in 2000 when I was in the Navy. Had a great time....Had fun gambling and doing shots there as well.....
                          THE OTHER PLACE...A Forum to get away to

Patience with ignorance

Everyone is gay until proven striaght.

I am the one you want and what you want is so unreal--M.M.

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed--M.M.

Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV--Ani Difranco

Comment

The Poms Won!!!

Originally posted by Tigger
                            Just remind me who won the Ashes and Rugby world cup ?

To all those who don't know, there is a strong sporting rivalry between Australia and Great Britain.

Never the less, it was a great game of Cricket.

Well done.

Cheers.

Comment

It was the five best test matches I think I have ever seen ! Brett Lee, what a superb bowler. Shame Harmison didn't really get firing.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5120 users online. 333 members and 4787 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X