Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I'm from Canuckistan, eh?

Sup everyone?

Just dropping by from Alberta, Canada... nope, no igloos...yet.

A little about me:
    Mobile Security Officer, in the process of joining the Calgary Police Service.
    I've felt the effects of gravity for 20 years, and I've decided there's no higher calling then to serve as a Police Officer.

Until later,
    There's no doubt about it...

Redeye

Welcome to the forum

Have fun and Good Luck with the CPS!
    "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
    Not Yet Visited: 16
    Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

Redeye, have you thought about putting on a pair of spurs and saddling up, or are you not interested in moving around Alberta or across Canada?
      #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
      Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
      RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
      Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
      "Smile" - no!

Comment

Originally posted by PeteBroccolo
        Redeye, have you thought about putting on a pair of spurs and saddling up, or are you not interested in moving around Alberta or across Canada?

ROFL... I've thought about the mounties... but, I'm allergic to horses :P

I'm actually considering RCMP, but, my girlfriend has 6 months of school left (in a 3 year program), so perhaps after that I will attempt to get in.

btw... do you know McLean, in Yorkton? The kilted one

Comment

Originally posted by Redeye
          ROFL... I've thought about the mounties... but, I'm allergic to horses :P

I'm actually considering RCMP, but, my girlfriend has 6 months of school left (in a 3 year program), so perhaps after that I will attempt to get in.

btw... do you know McLean, in Yorkton? The kilted one
          I have yet to ride a nag!

Before you do ANY more thinking about any Police Service, make sure that SHE is ok with your plans, but ESPECIALLY make sure she can deal with transfers if you want to join us. If she is willing to move around with you, then you better hang onto her (as most likely she is too good for you anyway!) and put in your application for a Red Serge quick. If she is not so crazy about moving around, but does not think you too crazy for wanting to become a Peace Officer, then see what CPS can do for you.

PM me about McLean.
          #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
          Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
          RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
          Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
          "Smile" - no!

Comment

Sup everyone?

Just dropping by from Alberta, Canada... nope, no igloos...yet.

A little about me:
            Mobile Security Officer, in the process of joining the Calgary Police Service.
            I've felt the effects of gravity for 20 years, and I've decided there's no higher calling then to serve as a Police Officer.

Until later,
            There's no doubt about it...

Redeye
            ohhh another calgary boy, good too see. how far along are you in the process

Comment

How far along... well, I went to an info session, and they said 'wait 2 years because you moved too much.' Pretty much because I moved to Winnipeg for 6 months (left because I got a 700$ bill in the mail, laid off from my full time job, and dumped by my gf...the reason I was there in the first place...all within 3 hours of each other, after working a 20 hour day.)

I could probably apply anyways, but better do like the recruiters say

Comment

How far along... well, I went to an info session, and they said 'wait 2 years because you moved too much.' Pretty much because I moved to Winnipeg for 6 months (left because I got a 700$ bill in the mail, laid off from my full time job, and dumped by my gf...the reason I was there in the first place...all within 3 hours of each other, after working a 20 hour day.)

I could probably apply anyways, but better do like the recruiters say
                yes you should do what they say. are you currently going to school at all?

Comment

Me...school...naaaah. I've got some debt to take care of first, and my gf is currently attending school, so in order to avoid eliminating 2 full-time incomes, I'll wait until she's done, and then consider going back.

Comment

Welcome from Texas. Lively group here. Have fun and stay safe.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6517 users online. 364 members and 6153 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X