300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to site

Funny. I can write or talk a blue streak about anything except myself. I am DC based. I am an editorial photojournalist BUT BUT BUT before I get rubber bullets tossed at me I am unique in that I am a trained CCIA, profiler, investigator and mediator still credentialed as security in CA where I lived before heading out to parts now better known- Edgware Road in London will ring a bell. I lived there almost two years covering horseracing, golfing, boxing, local London news and photographing things now important in these days and times. Better to put things on the table sooner than later, being a journalist puts PD at an arms length until we work around each other for a while and until they read what I write, ie. articles after NLEOM week. My training and affiliations allow me to bring a dimension of enforcement to the civilian community they otherwise might not read. In fact post NLEOM week an officer I shot alongside encouraged me to put up a website of my pics from here and abroad. One section is devoted to First Responders even those at the VA Chincoteague Pony Swim. I guess I consider myself blessed to be in a position to know first hand what it is like to work in a PD therefore able to communicate through my skills perspectives on officers I often say to others when challenged, how many people do you know who are willing to give their lives for strangers. Not sure what else to say, other than I am most comfortable around officers.

Let me be the first to say welcome to the forums. Funny thing, I happen to read your post and decided to respond because of the comment you made:

"I often say to others when challenged, how many people do you know who are willing to give their lives for strangers."

I'm not sure if I speak for others but I'm not willing to give my life for a stranger. I'm just here to ensure their life is safe.

RCMP

Comment

fellow canuck

Hi, thanks for the welcome. Fellow Canadian. this may be a matter of which side of the fence we are sitting on when in fact we share something in common, the fence. I have a feeling we may actually share the sentiment. Your work does involve in unique situations peculiar to your job potentially saving the lives of people you have never met or as in the case of the officer fallen today, assigned to the prisoner, cost you your life. Technically, my job doesnt involve that risk on a daily basis or as a possible situation within my job. Nor does the person working at the market, the driver on the TTC in Toronto, or the groom down in Kentucky. Unless that risk happens by chance. Therefore from where I sit, I see and respect and communicate to others that in the cours of an officer choosing this particular community service, an officer's risk to losing their life is greater than for example mine or Jane Doe public. Cesare Baccaria- officers roles in society was to be a presence on the streets. Sadly, an officer's presence on the streets today can often be that of a target.

Comment

Welcome from the great state of Texas. Lively group here. No rubber bullets I promise. I hope you can provide a perspective from the journalists point of view. There are a lot of LEO's that do feel (myself included) that there is a bias against police.

I try to maintain an open mind regarding your profession, which done correctly, does a most valuable service. But it does appear that truth is sacrificed for speed and a desire to provide a sensational story to ramp up readership or viewers for the sake of ratings and increased advertising dollars.

I also know that no likes the light being shined on their mistakes and shortcomings (myself included), and don't know that the media does such a great job of cleaning their own house, and shining the light on their mistakes and shortcomings.

All that being said (written) come on down. Glad you're here.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5027 users online. 331 members and 4696 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X