Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Burlington VT

Greetings and Salutations!

My name is Dominic, I'm a Registered Nurse/Medic from Burlington VT. I originally went to school for CJ before getting a degree in nursing.

I've only taken a few exams, and I've done very well on them. I just find that there is something seriously lacking in my profession. I have very little satisfaction in my profession and I always find myself thinking about law enforcement.

I'm kicking my job search into high gear. I'm 28 and hopefully my skills will look attractive to a department. I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions throughout my processes.

This is a great community and I've been reading threads for a long time, just thought I'd jump out of being a lurker. =)

Welcome aboard! Good luck, there are many places in the state looking for good canidates.

Comment

I just took the entrance exam and MMPI today. I've got my fingers crossed. I've applied to Hardwick Greensboro and I have a bunch of other applications going out in the mail by the end of the week.

Comment

Again, good luck!

Comment

Welcome from the great state of Texas. Am also in healthcare, work in pediatric ER, been reserve police for 26+ years. Good luck with career change. A whole lot of parallels in our two professions. Have fun and stay safe.

Comment

Success!

I can't even being to express how excited I am. I was offered a position with my first choice department. It is a part time position, but my hopes are that in the future I will be offered a full time at some point.

I can't wait to get started with training!

Comment

I will trade you my Criminal Justice degree for your Nursing Degree !!! Hell I will even throw in my two dogs too! Good Luck to you from a wanna be nurse

Comment

Nursings fun, but not where my heart is. I can't wait to get to the academy.

Comment

Originally posted by DEtli
                  I just took the entrance exam and MMPI today. I've got my fingers crossed. I've applied to Hardwick Greensboro and I have a bunch of other applications going out in the mail by the end of the week.

Was it Hardwick that hired you? I know they are hurting for LEO's in that town. I went through the full-time academy with 2 of thier current officers. Good guys. I actually went through with 3 of thier officers but one transferred to Barre City PD. Good luck man.
                  Sweat...Saves...Blood

Comment

Hi Matey
                    I live in the UK ,but have visited Burlington many times. We go Ski-ing in Stowe, which is where me and the wife got married.

Comment

Originally posted by ETA-3
                      Was it Hardwick that hired you? I know they are hurting for LEO's in that town. I went through the full-time academy with 2 of thier current officers. Good guys. I actually went through with 3 of thier officers but one transferred to Barre City PD. Good luck man.
                      It sure was. I'm really excited to get started there. The academy begins Monday morning!

Very cool Tigg.....Stowe is an awesome place!

Comment

hey from nh!! iwas in healthcare prior to corrections, was a cna in geriactics, safer working corrections!!!
                        READY, AIM...OH! THAT'S GONNA LEAVE A SCAR !!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6280 users online. 364 members and 5916 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X