Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Long Island!!!

Hello everyone ,

I am a 24 y/o male with a strong ambition to become a Law Enforcement Officer. I am currently on several Civil Service lists. Including but not limited to Suffolk County PD (NY), Nassau County PD (NY), Suffolk County Corrections (NY), and the NYPD. I have been taking the tests since I became eligible. So far no luck. I received a canvass letter from Suffolk Corrections in regards to starting an academy at a particular salary. But I do not know anyone "on" already, to ask if this letter means anything. I hope it does. I will use Corrections to "get a foot in" civil service. So then I could continue to take the local Police Department tests while working for county. This is my plan until I am lucky enough to be chosen. On Long Island being a Police Officer is like winning the lottery.

OK now back to reality.

It
    Last edited by REDIWHIP; 08-03-2005, 08:04 PM. Reason: Edited Text......

Hey Lawn Guylander how are you? i grew up on the south shore, by Jones Beach. I was a cop in Pittsburgh for 10 yrs and now in the burbs. Good luck on the Island. I took the Suffolk test 2 yrs ago, HA, Iam the wrong person I guess. I scored like a 82 or something. almost 6500 on the list.
    Welcome aboard.
    I got nothing for now

Comment

Welcome to the forum, there are a lot of great people here. Have fun!
      All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsions, habit, reason, passion and desire.

Comment

Welcome from Texas. Good luck with job hunt. Have fun and stay safe.

Comment

Thank You Guys...........

You guys are great, thanks for the support! I love your avatars. Yeah the suffolk test is nuts right! The thing that bothers me the most is that not much Long Island stuff is on the web. You google the following "Suffolk County Correction Officer" and all you get is the website for corrupt COs in Massachusetts. Come on guys/gals give the info on these counties. Thanks again for the support and your time. Be safe

Comment

Welcome to the site. I grew up on Long island but now I am in sunny Florida. I am a patrol lieutenant here so let me know if you need any advice etc. I always like to help a fellow long-islander
            "You are always just one bad decision away from unemployment, prison or death."

"My profession dictates that I routinely confront the people that the average citizen fearfully crosses the street to avoid. Then I must endure the criticism of that citizen as he judges my actions from afar."

www.speforums.com

Comment

Thats great for you...........

I envy you.........Florida. That is great, none of the snowy winters and crappy weather. Summer year round. How is it being a LEO in FL? Talk to me about it because I have thought about relocating.

Comment

[QUOTE=REDIWHIP]Hello everyone ,

I am a 24 y/o male with a strong ambition to become a Law Enforcement Officer. I am currently on several Civil Service lists. Including but not limited to Suffolk County PD (NY), Nassau County PD (NY), Suffolk County Corrections (NY), and the NYPD. I have been taking the tests since I became eligible. So far no luck. I received a canvass letter from Suffolk Corrections in regards to starting an academy at a particular salary. But I do not know anyone "on" already, to ask if this letter means anything. I hope it does. I will use Corrections to "get a foot in" civil service. So then I could continue to take the local Police Department tests while working for county. This is my plan until I am lucky enough to be chosen. On Long Island being a Police Officer is like winning the lottery.

i think you should attempt to be a suffolk county po first becasue they have the highest salary topping out at 105,000 with senority
                second attempt nassau pd (not sure of salary)
                third suffolk corrections (not sure of salary)
                and last nypd,,,starting salary is 25,000(sucks unless you already have city time to transfer over with) hope this helps
                All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing

Comment

Good luck man and welcome from Chicago.
                  "I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

Second City Cop

Comment

Go with Suffolk P.D., Real good pay there. Then try Nassau p.d . I have a H.S. friend that's some sort of big wig in the union & he seems to love it. If you want to stay on the East coast I think those are the places to be but I wouldn't limit my options

Comment

Welcome to the site. Was born and raised on LI. Selden to be exact.
                      If you ever have sprained ankle, give me a call.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6035 users online. 318 members and 5717 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X