300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Criminal Justice Student Seeks officer feedback

Hello all! I am currently enrolled in the criminal justice program at the University of Phoenix. As a requirement for Introduction to Policing I have to ask a question or two and I hope a few officers will respond. Thanks

First Question o you think that racial bias exists for
    everyone, police officers included and how does your particular
    department handle these types of issues"?

Response

I was hoping to get a few officers to respond to my question. I just want some information from other parts of the world as to how different departments handle these issue. Thanks again

Comment

Maybe there is confusion as to what you mean. Do you mean bias within the ranks of an agency, when an agency deals with the public, or when an agency hires officers?

Comment

////////////
        Last edited by Harleydude; 01-12-2006, 09:31 AM.
        Just the facts ma`am, just the facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawdog76
          Do you think that racial bias exists for
          Simply, yes, I think everyone has a racial bias (whether conscious or otherwise) and this naturally includes Police Officers. Not sure what anyone can do about that. I do know what my force would do if someone acted, or was accused of acting, on the basis of racial bias.

Perhaps you could suggest a hypothetical scenario. Your question doesn't really give us anything to bite on.
          I'm a little bit waayy, a little bit wooah, a little bit woosh, I'm a geezer.

Comment

"Do you think racial bias exists in everyone? "

How are we supposed to be experts on what other people think?

Try to track down the whereabouts of Ms. Cleo. She probably still has her crytal ball laying around someplace.
            In this buisness, you can't fight the junkyard dogs with ASPCA rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawdog76
              Hello all! I am currently enrolled in the criminal justice program at the University of Phoenix. As a requirement for Introduction to Policing I have to ask a question or two and I hope a few officers will respond. Thanks

First Question o you think that racial bias exists for
              theres a little bias in everyone,,,,im hispanic and have worked for supervisors who might not have had me sit at their dinner table with the family,,,,,but they were good at supervising and treated me fair.some STUPIDVISORS dont deserve their rank,,,but you cant change that,,,,,if you dont like being told what to do,,,,take the test and move up!!!!!hope that helps you!!!!
              All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing

Comment

I'm also taking CJ from University of Phoenix. How far along are you in your degree?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5223 users online. 299 members and 4924 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X