300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New SoCal Member

Hi! I'm new to this site. I work for a city and have been a Motor Cop for about 2 years.

Welcome. I'm sure the welcome wagon will be along shortly.

From a wannabe motors cop, what do you ride?
    *Not a cop*

Comment

I did all of my pre-training on a Kawasaki and used a Kawasaki for Motor Academy. My department let me re-establish our traffic program and I ended up ordering BMWs and that's what I ride today. Our Lieutenant in charge of the motor pool is a big Harley fan and he has a couple Harleys of his own. I had an up-hill battle, but the chief ultimately let me make the decision. The BMW is a great work bike. It accelerates fast, stops even faster, and handles great. I tested all of the available police motors out there by having demos sent to me for a few weeks, each.

Comment

Hard to get those Hog guys to admit that the BMW is the all around better bike. You probably saved your department quite a bit of cash in downtime expenses. Welcome aboard. If you see a Blue VW Jetta TDI taking turns a little too fast, cut me some slack, LOL. Great board here welcome and stay safe out there on that motor.
        "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Welcome from Texas. Lively group here. Have fun and stay safe.

Comment

Welcome aboard Moto cop. I took the moto training last year in Pittsburgh, phew what an awesome 2 weeks. I passed also I might add. toughing training Ive done in 10 yrs.
            P.S.- full dresser Road Kings handle pretty darn well off road.
            I got nothing for now

Comment

Welcome Motor Po-Po,

Great to have you aboard and enjoy the forum.

P.S. The other one is better.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5222 users online. 252 members and 4970 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X