300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Graduated

I just wanted to say hello to everyone here. I just graduated the academy here in the Lone Star State and I have my first day on duty in 2 weeks. If there is any first day advice anyone can send my way it would be greatly appreciated.

Stay Safe
    A society that makes war with its police had better learn to to make friends with its criminals.

Glock 22 (Issued)
    Kimber TLE-RL II (SRT)
    Colt LEO AR-15 (Patrol and SRT)

Congratulations!!!

First of all congratulations on your accomplishment! It was not easy as we all know! IT is over and now to the good stuff!

Best advised I can give you is to take your training very seriously, dont let anything become a routine, and listen/learn from your FTO and fellow officers.

cheers and good luck!

Ed Ortiz
    Flight Technician
    Maricopa County Sheriff Helicopter Posse

Comment

Go into the rookie section and read the thread about what rookies need to know. Very good info in there.
      "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

God gave you two ears and one mouth for a reason. Shut up and learn is the best advise I can give.
        In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

Keep yer head down and your ears open. Learn learn learn.

And in your first fight....jump in and scrap like your life depends on it. The guys won't trust you until you prove that they can trust their life in your hands.
          Anyone who believes "the customer is always right" has never been a police officer.

Comment

Welcome from North Central Texas. Good advice in the rookie section. Best of luck. Have fun and stay safe.

Comment

Same

Same b-day as me....like you already.
              Good luck

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3229 users online. 150 members and 3079 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X