300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Wis..

Hi to everyone. I have been visiting this site for some time. I like it alot. I am 27/f considering going back to college. What do you all think of this. I cant seem to get my foot in. I guess I havent really tried hard enough though cause all the PO openings In Wisconsin are only looking for 1 FT PO. I just figured they probably are hiring within. Do you all think its a good Idea to go get my four degree at my age.

Welcome.
    As to your question, set a goal and take small steps toward achieving that goal. It may be harder in small, rural areas, but it can be done. Try getting on an as auxillary, explorer ect. Thats your foot in the door. You can then get sponsered to a police academy. As you get experience and knowlede while riding, you also have an inside track because you are now friends with many officers. You could also try for a part time position in a village which may lead to full time. The other route would be a larger dept. where they hire frequently. I worked corrections for a year. I then started part time in a village PD. I later went to full time at that PD and after proving myself, I was appointed to Chief. "The timing was just right during retirements" This took place over 2 yrs. I now work for a city PD, not very big, 25 officers. You may think the village jobs are cheesy, and they very well may be, but the experience will always look good of paper.
    Go for it, good luck.

Comment

Wisconsin Department of Justice

Have you ever been on the Wisconsin Department of Justice website, www.wilenet.org. This website has a complete list of employment opportunities throughout the state. Many cities such as Appleton, and Madison are pretty much ongoing opportunities. It has links for several different catagories under employment opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by btrf88
        Have you ever been on the Wisconsin Department of Justice website, www.wilenet.org. This website has a complete list of employment opportunities throughout the state. Many cities such as Appleton, and Madison are pretty much ongoing opportunities. It has links for several different catagories under employment opportunities.
        Welcome to the site. Be careful with the wilenet site. Not all agencies post their openings here. I don't see anything wrong with going for your degree, if you want to, go for it. As far as obtaining a job or getting your foot in the door, starting out part time seems to be the best way to go. I did it that way, and alot of officers I know started this way as well. You just have to keep plugging away, apply as much as possible, express your interest and desire.

Anyway, welcome from a WI officer.
        "I only had a couple!"

Comment

From one cheesehead to another, welcome aboard. As far as advice, you can't go wrong getting an education. If you want a job, keep applying and testing and something will come up for you.
          Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

Welcome from Texas. All good advice. Set your goals. Get an education. Be determined, don't give up. Have fun and stay safe.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5443 users online. 304 members and 5139 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X