300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from St. Louis

What a great forum! I'm so glad to have found this board...looks like a great place to be.

I'm about 40 minutes from Kirkwood, MO where Sgt. McEntee was gunned down and killed last week. I went to the Wake but was unable to make it to the funeral. I was there in my heart though. The hardest part was seeing the family photo's displayed at the Wake. The little girl was certainly "daddy's princess"--she is 13, the oldest of the children. He also left behind a wife and 2 young sons. Since it happened, I just can't stop thinking about the family, which lead me to seek out other LEO's to talk to. My heart aches for them. This incident was just so evil; Sgt. McEntee didn't have a fighting chance (this incident is posted in the 'officer down' forum).

My fiance is a local police officer and I'm slowly attending college for the same. I love this career choice and can't think of anything else I'd rather do. I try to get out to the local academy (in Illinois) and practice safety scenarios with the cadets--we have a lot of fun and the cadets get a lot of training. There aren't too many females that attended the training, so my main purpose is to hide fake weapons on me to see when/if the cadets search me to find the weapons. I think that is one of the biggest risks that male police officers take--most are just too afraid to search a female. My fiance is bad about that--he's just afraid that the female subject will cry "harrassment". This can be very hazardous though and I think it's an issue that needs to be seriously addressed by PD's/training facilities.

Sorry for the long intro! Anyway, nice to be here and I look forward with chatting with everyone. God bless all of you.

That was a great intro, and that is really sad about the Sgt. I hate hearing about those types of stories, especially ones with young children

Welcome to the site. I am sure you will like it here.
    If you ever have sprained ankle, give me a call.

Comment

Welcome from Texas. You keep trying, you will make it. Have fun and stay safe.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3021 users online. 141 members and 2880 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X