300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failure To Know Your Route

I am new to the forum......I have a question for you guys.....
    Many years ago I was driving in the rual area where I live. It was very dark (no moon) and obviously there are no street lights where we live. While climbing a verysteep incline in a stick shift I had gained speed (I was within the speed limit) and once at the top of the hill there was a stop sign at the "T" in the road. I went through the stop sign taking out a farmers gate. I received a ticket for "failure to know my route".....not for running a stop sign, not for damaging the gate only the "failure to know my route"...a ticket for being lost and unaware of the logistics of the roads. Is Washington County, OK the only place this type of ticket happens??? Why this type of ticket?

You know what? I am sorry but I have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by parkplase
      I am new to the forum......I have a question for you guys.....
      Many years ago I was driving in the rual area where I live. It was very dark (no moon) and obviously there are no street lights where we live. While climbing a verysteep incline in a stick shift I had gained speed (I was within the speed limit) and once at the top of the hill there was a stop sign at the "T" in the road. I went through the stop sign taking out a farmers gate. I received a ticket for "failure to know my route".....not for running a stop sign, not for damaging the gate only the "failure to know my route"...a ticket for being lost and unaware of the logistics of the roads. Is Washington County, OK the only place this type of ticket happens??? Why this type of ticket?
      You might have better luck posting this in Ask a cop, but, why does it matter now? Just curious?
      RIP Brett Thompson, 17, 09/12/1989-09/14/2006

Seatbelts save lives

Comment

That sounds like it may have been a local ordinance.

Either way, the cop may have been giving you a break. Sounds like it would be a lesser charge than running a stop sign or wreckless driving.
        You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

Originally posted by usafcop64528
          You might have better luck posting this in Ask a cop, but, why does it matter now? Just curious?

It doesn't really "matter" now it had been so many years, but I think/wonder about it everyonce and awhile. When my friend turned me on to this web sight it gave me the oportunity to ask someone, that's all.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4388 users online. 240 members and 4148 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X