300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Oregon

Hello everyone! I thought I'd go ahead and post an intro before I hit the hay. Boy this site is secure! I was beginning to wonder if dispatchers weren't authorized personnel!

My name is Dina and I am a dispatcher in Southern Oregon. Have been at my current job for the last 13.5 years and still rather enjoy what I do. I think like many dispatchers I have a love/hate thing with my job. Love the work - hate the overtime and requirements to drop everything for my job. Other than being an indentured servant, it's all roses and daffodils!

I have seen some rather sad "dispatcher" posts here so I'm hoping not to get booed off the stage. There are indeed good and bad in all, and maybe I'm just full of myself, but I consider myself to be one of the good ones! Well, at least when I'm heavily caffeinated!

Nice to "meet" you all. I'll prolly post more later after I get my 3 winks.

Dina

~~~~~~~~
    Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
    ~~~~~~~~

. s
    c(__)

hi, i dispatch to so we have that in common. i've only been here a couple of days but it has already been nice. and yes there is good and bad everywhere. and like being an officer, it also takes a rare breed to handle dispatching and be good at it.

Comment

Dina,

You write beautifully. Excellent grammar, spelling, capitalization, and punctuation. Keep that up. There are far too many people who get on the Internet and lose any sense of the English language.

People Type Like This And Capitalize Every Word.
      ppl type like this & use stoopid shorthand and pour spelling
      AND PEOPLE TYPE LIKE THIS AS THOUGH THEY ARE YELLING AND MAD AT THE WORLD!!!!!!!

It's really just refreshing.

Anyway, welcome to the site. I'm a fellow Oregonian. My profile says Tacoma, but that's just where I go to school nine months of the year. I still consider myself an Oregonian at heart. Hell, as long as I am paying the damn 8.9% income tax, I will still call myself an Oregonian.
      Bill Cosby: Stewie, what do you think candy is made out of?
      Stewie Griffin: Sunshine and farts! What the hell kind of question is that?!

Comment

Originally posted by ladybird
        hi, i dispatch to so we have that in common. i've only been here a couple of days but it has already been nice.
        Nice to meet you Ladybird! Good to see there are a few of us here. I have some dispatch boards I frequent but they are a bit dead. I like the dynamic of mixing it up anyway though. I may not always agree with a cop, but I think we can learn from each other - which is what makes it fun!

~~~~~~~~
        ~~~~~~~~

. s
        c(__)

Comment

Originally posted by Puget Sound
          You write beautifully. Excellent grammar, spelling, capitalization, and punctuation.
          Well, you really know how to make a girl blush! I do try, although I'm finding as I get longer in the tooth I am beginning to forget some basics of spelling that I catch later. I resist the urge to delete or edit too much though. I am that anal, but I try not to show it! ROFL!

Originally posted by Puget Sound
          Anyway, welcome to the site. I'm a fellow Oregonian. My profile says Tacoma, but that's just where I go to school nine months of the year. I still consider myself an Oregonian at heart. Hell, as long as I am paying the damn 8.9% income tax, I will still call myself an Oregonian.
          Thanks for the warm welcome, and I would be calling myself an Oregonian if I had to pay the income tax as well! Of course, what I called the state might be something different altogether.

Dina

~~~~~~~~
          ~~~~~~~~

. s
          c(__)

Comment

Welcome from Texas. We love our operators. Have fun and stay safe.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4993 users online. 325 members and 4668 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X