Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hail from Stafford, VA

Greetings from Stafford, VA!

Ken here, still a Squid stationed in DC, but with former Navy LE from the mid-80's, Federal Corrections at USP Lompoc from 1995 - 1997 (during a break in service), and Ops NCO with the 649th MP CO (-) in the Cal Army Guard. I've got three years left on the current hitch, and plan on calling it quits when it's up - will have close to 25 years of service.

I start the testing process with NYPD in late October and after passing (have to stay confident ) willl undergo the QUEST program at a date to be determined. Upon successful completion of the hiring process, NYPD say they will delay my academy start date until after I'm through with my military obligation. Of course, once I get within the one-year range of "going home", I'll start the testing process with other agencies.

Hobbies include reading about WWII history, camping/hiking, fishing, and amateur radio.

All the Best,

Ken
    Last edited by KC2GYV; 07-12-2005, 04:08 PM.
    Ken
    I must go down to the seas again to the vagrant gypsy life, To the gull's way and the whale's way where the wind's like a whetted knife; And all I ask is a merry yarn from a laughing fellow-rover, and quiet sleep and a sweet dream when the long trick's over.

Greetings from up the road a piece (Alex VA). With that resume I dare say you're not a "kid" anymore and still plan on joining up with NYPD? Good show! Hope everything goes well. WWII history buff huh? Me also (I also?)....whatever. All the best.
    sigpic
    Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
    And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

Welcome aboard. Happy posting.

Comment

Welcome. I lived in VA Beach for some time. My wife is from Stafford. That place has changed a lot in the past 10 years.
        Good luck with NYPD.

TGY
        Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

TGY,

I've been through Anchorage plenty of times - was stationed out on Adak form Oct 84 to Jan 87. Never made it to the fine establishment, but tell me, is the Alaskan Bush Company still in business?
          Ken
          I must go down to the seas again to the vagrant gypsy life, To the gull's way and the whale's way where the wind's like a whetted knife; And all I ask is a merry yarn from a laughing fellow-rover, and quiet sleep and a sweet dream when the long trick's over.

Comment

Originally posted by KC2GYV
            TGY,

I've been through Anchorage plenty of times - was stationed out on Adak form Oct 84 to Jan 87. Never made it to the fine establishment, but tell me, is the Alaskan Bush Company still in business?

Adak huh? I've never been there but heard that they are putting some missle stuff on it.
            YES the Bush Company is still there. They are running the summer circut so the girls are nicer looking....not that I've been there or anything. That's info given to me by the regulars who are coworkers...........
            It' funny because LOTS of people mention the Bush whom I meeet out of state.

TGY
            Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

Welcome...have fun

Comment

Originally posted by KC2GYV
                TGY,

Oh yeah. Been to the A.B.C.. That's a very special place
                sigpic
                Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
                And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

Welcome from Texas. Good luck in your quest. Have fun and stay safe.

Comment

Just a short update (and way late at that)

Well, I took an assignment from VA out to Fallon, NV and was going to call it quits in the summer of 2008. Navy threw me for a loop and offered me a set of orders back down to SoCal, and no I find myself in San Diego!

Decided against NYPD with their not-so-recent pay cut for new officers. Currently looking at SO's in the folowing counties: San Diego, Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, and Sacramento. Plan B is LAPD. Plan C is CA DOC/R. I can start the process in 11 months, so I'm using this next few months to finish up my Associate's Degree, get back in shape (I want to be at 3 miles er day five days a week, about 100 situps/pushups in a set, and five pull-ups PRIOR to starting the process).

All the Best to everyone who is still around here!
                    Last edited by KC2GYV; 10-12-2007, 01:05 AM.
                    Ken

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum.
                      Get Local Coupons
                      Fried Wires Internet Marketing Blog - My personal blog for reviewing internet marketing products.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4210 users online. 247 members and 3963 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X