Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Kansas

Hi all,

Just wanted to say hi. I am not a LEO and at this stage in my life (44 years old, bad knees, shoulder etc.) it will not be happening.

I got very close in the late 1970's and early 1980's (I lived in CA then, the SF Bay Area), had my CA POST cert (1982 I think), passed the written for the San Mateo County SO, failed the oral (didn't want to do the custody time anyway, at least that was how I consoled myself at the time), passed the written for the CHP and was scheduled for an oral, started a new job the same day as my CHP oral was scheduled and chose the new job over the oral.

It worked out ok, that job turned into a career in computers and today I am
    a Database Manager.

The "calling" to be a police officer never really left, but as I said it's not happening now.

Trying to encourage my sons (20 and 17) to consider LE, no interest from them yet...

I enjoy reading the posts here!!

Fred
    Last edited by FredG; 07-08-2005, 11:35 AM.

Welcome to the site Fred. 37 here and just starting my career in LE.
    If you ever have sprained ankle, give me a call.

Comment

Thanks Dave... I read some old threads about old guys getting into LE, seems it is possible. I think I could pull it off in the little town I live in (2,500 people).

Wish they had a reserve program... I couldn't take the pay cut now going full time (our local LEO's get less than $10 an hour).

Oh well maybe one of my sons will get into LE and I can live vicariously through them.

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by FredG
        Thanks Dave... I read some old threads about old guys getting into LE, seems it is possible. I think I could pull it off in the little town I live in (2,500 people).

Wish they had a reserve program... I couldn't take the pay cut now going full time (our local LEO's get less than $10 an hour).

Oh well maybe one of my sons will get into LE and I can live vicariously through them.

Fred
        Ouch on the pay!!!! The dept I am a reserve in pays us $10 an hour. A department I am applying for starts you out at $17 an hour. And, the COL in Salt Lake really isn't that bad.

Comment

Welcome Fred. Enjoy your vicarious living here at o.com.
          Job description as told by an old timer: "Drive fast cars, look at pretty women, and drink coffee".

Comment

Thanks Lucky...

I haven't thought much about my brush with a career in LE except on and off over the years, always wondered what my life would have been like if I had pursued it.

I really enjoy reading the stuff on this site, but I need to keep reminding myslef: "It is not an option now...." Vicarious is it for me!!

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by FredG
              Thanks Lucky...

I haven't thought much about my brush with a career in LE except on and off over the years, always wondered what my life would have been like if I had pursued it.

I really enjoy reading the stuff on this site, but I need to keep reminding myslef: "It is not an option now...." Vicarious is it for me!!

Fred
              I won't rub it in how great it is then

Comment

Welcome from Texas. Lively bunch of folks here. Stay safe. You will get to read many stories here, enjoy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6386 users online. 357 members and 6029 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X