300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Long Beach, CA

I'll try to check in here at least weekly. By way of introduction, I'm the Employee Relations Sergeant for our PD, and have been in the business for 34 years now! Began my career in a nearby, but much smaller gaency (45 sworn), and came to LBPD 26 years ago. We've grown from about 630 sworn to over 900 as of today! I've spent my time here in Patrol, Juvenile, Metro, and some Admin Investigation (yep, I/A). Spent 8 years on our POA Board of Directors and served a term as President, so I have a fairly well rounded perspective (I think).

Opinions on everything are available for the asking. Just drop a line to me at Michael_White@longbeach.gov and I"ll get back to you.

Stay safe.

[QUOTE=whitesite]I'll try to check in here at least weekly. By way of introduction, I'm the Employee Relations Sergeant for our PD, and have been in the business for 34 years now! Began my career in a nearby, but much smaller gaency (45 sworn), and came to LBPD 26 years ago. We've grown from about 630 sworn to over 900 as of today! I've spent my time here in Patrol, Juvenile, Metro, and some Admin Investigation (yep, I/A). Spent 8 years on our POA Board of Directors and served a term as President, so I have a fairly well rounded perspective (I think).

Opinions on everything are available for the asking. Just drop a line to me at Michael_White@longbeach.gov and I"ll get back to you.

Stay safe.

Comment

welcome aboard and happy posting

Comment

Welcome to the site

PK from LKD
        "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Welcome to the site Mike. In '78 when I attended Narcotics Inv School in Sacramento, LBPD sent 7 of your finest and they were quite a bunch. Never forgot them, Great group of guys. We only got in alittle trouble, esp. after 2 of your officers threw the Director into the hotel swimming pool just before closing ceremonies. Had lots of fun.
          "A mind is a horrible thing to waste."

Comment

Originally posted by whitesite
            I'll try to check in here at least weekly. By way of introduction, I'm the Employee Relations Sergeant for our PD, and have been in the business for 34 years now! Began my career in a nearby, but much smaller gaency (45 sworn), and came to LBPD 26 years ago. We've grown from about 630 sworn to over 900 as of today! I've spent my time here in Patrol, Juvenile, Metro, and some Admin Investigation (yep, I/A). Spent 8 years on our POA Board of Directors and served a term as President, so I have a fairly well rounded perspective (I think).

Stay safe.

Welcome to the forum. Another Californian here too ( Bay Area).
            "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
            Not Yet Visited: 16
            Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

Welcome. Nice to see another SoCal person. There are a lot of great people here! I'l be shocked if you only visit once a week

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6365 users online. 283 members and 6082 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
              X