300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Upstate NY

I've been reading for a couple of weeks now just thought I would make a proper intro before I go asking many a question of you all. I am a NYSP Applicant waiting to find out when my PAT will be. In March from what I know (however little that may be). Any advice from NYS Troopers would be great. I'm having a hard time getting my run time down.
    When you absolutely, posotively have to go 10 miles in 5 minutes- CVPI!!![/

Welcome to the forum.
    Stay safe and watch your back. Survived Katrina. Now a Official member of the Chocolate City Police.

Comment

Re: Hello from Upstate NY

Originally posted by Ranter64
      I've been reading for a couple of weeks now just thought I would make a proper intro before I go asking many a question of you all. I am a NYSP Applicant waiting to find out when my PAT will be. In March from what I know (however little that may be). Any advice from NYS Troopers would be great. I'm having a hard time getting my run time down.
      Not a trooper but I will be starting the academy in a few day.

What # are you on the list? Just so you know whatever # you have on that letter from the NYSP will be pushed back a few because of military scores coming in. I was pushed back 15 places and I was in the top 350. Another guy who was 1850 was pushed back to 1950. I think they are calling upto 3,500 on the list, but they only processed upto 850 from our list.

The will be sending out those letters soon for the PAT weekends. I think the first weekend is in the beginning of March and the 2nd at the end of March.

The best way to improve your runtime is to run more. I found that using wind sprints at least once a week helped. I also ran 3-5 miles three times a week. It is always better if you have a running partner too.

Check out runnersworld.com
      http://www.runnersworld.com

Best of Luck
      Can you say DYNASTY? Go Patriots!

Comment

Thanks for the Info wannabe. My rank is #2402, So I know for sure that I will be called. I have a friend starting that academy on the 14th. I think by starting it on Valentines day is thier way of telling you to not bother having a girlfriend. By the way I hate running but I know I have to do it.
        When you absolutely, posotively have to go 10 miles in 5 minutes- CVPI!!![/

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Good luck.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3472 users online. 154 members and 3318 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X