Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, gentlemen.

Hi everyone.

Just signed up for the forums. I'm a Commercial Transport Inspector and sworn Peace Officer with Commercial Vehicle Safety Enforcement for the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General, Province of British Columbia, Canada.
    I don't know if I belong here, but I basically signed on to learn from the experiences of all the members here. I've been employed at a stationary weigh scale since September of 2000, and have recently just started working from a patrol vehicle doing vehicle stops. This new aspect of my job has me concerned about my personal safety on the job; we are unarmed officers and our ministry provides us with no protective gear other than a mag lite, and the radio and cell phone in our patrol vehicle. My brain, my instincts, and my ability to back off are the only things that will keep me alive roadside. We are not considered to be police; however, I don't consider the general public to be concious enough to recognize the difference between us and RCMP in my area.
    Basically guys, I'm a little freaked because of this whole new aspect of doing traffic stops. My mandate is to deal with commercial traffic only, but we are to do traffic stops for uninsured/ unlicensed vehicles or private vehicles in very poor mechanical condition. I've always considered traffic stops to be potentially dangerous situations, and I don't need to make the mistakes that other officers made 15 years ago. I'm thirty, married, with a two year old daughter and my wife's due in August with our second child. I want to make sure I make it home to them every night.

Any and all advice will be appreciated. I know I'm a dumb newbie, but I'm also smart enough to ask for help. Thanks.

Welcome! Nice to have you here...

I know what you're going through, I am a Federal police officer for the Dept. of Veteran's Affairs in Arizona and we finally got armed last year. There were a few times in my career where I didn't know if I was going to make it home alive.

Anyway, good luck to you and stay low

J
    Matthew 5:9

Comment

Re: Hello, gentlemen.

Originally posted by Krunk
      I don't know if I belong here,

Sure you do. Welcome aboard

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6619 users online. 348 members and 6271 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X