Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Georgetown

Hello all,

I've been reading the information on these forums for quite some time now and decided to go ahead and register. My name is Richard, and I'm from Georgetown, Texas. After completing my enlistment in the Air Force, I transitioned to a field engineer position in the medical industry. For several years I have had a strong interest in law enforcement, and after much thought I have decided to try and make a career change to follow that interest. I'm primarily focusing on 1811 federal positions, but am also seriously considering submitting an application to Austin PD.

Thanks to everyone who contributes to this forum, as it has been a wonderful source of information.
    "The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary."

Welcome to O.com and thank you for serving this great nation. Good luck with your transition into federal law enforcement.

“Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

joindps.com
      Texas Department of Criminal Justice
      12/2009 - 03/2016, resigned as Lieutenant

Texas Department of Public Safety
      03/2016 - present, Trooper Recruit

sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the O.The amount of knowledge throughout this forum is incredible and you will likely gain any answers that you are looking for.

Comment

I plan on trying this myself when i make the move to Texas. (joining the DPS)

Comment

Originally posted by -CoStep- View Post
            I plan on trying this myself when i make the move to Texas. (joining the DPS)
            I moved to Texas last year and I love it. I'm considering DPS as well, just doing my research and taking the time to get in better shape before starting any application process. My local gym has the Concept2 rower that APD/DPS use on their fitness test, so I gave that a shot last night. That thing is no joke!
            Last edited by Aeroneous; 02-11-2016, 12:13 PM.
            "The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3326 users online. 215 members and 3111 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X