Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting on a letter

hey everyone,

I am new here looking forward to meeting some people to talk to with similar interest and hopefully provide some peace of mind. The anxiety is horrible you all must know. I am currently waiting on my letter with my score and further instructions then wait two years I assume for a lengthy hiring process. i tried looking into self sponsored Police academies but am not to sure how that will go as far as what states would actually accept that and where the best places to do this are. I am 26 years old and on my way out of the military looking forward to pursuing my dream of being a police officer. Do all states have the same lengthy hiring process as NYC?..

hope to talk to anyone on here willing to offer good advice.

States and local jurisdictions have different waiting periods depending on workload and number of people working on the applications. Federal can be a chore too, but mine went quick (applied in Dec, Conditional Offer in Jan, Final Offer in Feb), you just need to relax and hold on for the ride
    Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
    USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
    "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
    Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4751 users online. 276 members and 4475 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X