Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from retired Navy (22years) just moved back to CT.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from retired Navy (22years) just moved back to CT.

Greetings all. I just retired from 22 great years in the Navy and moved back to CT. My military training has been on Law Enforcement, Anti-Terrorism and Force Protection, Firearms Training and Special Warfare. I have been looking for a police officer job and had plans on State Police... until I went for the physical and was told I could not go further because I had a shark tattoo on my calf... So I took the corrections test and have been waiting for that as well as applying for other police departments. I have been excepted for a Federal Agent job with the Office of Secure Transportation but that is in New Mexico and I would rather stay here in CT. So that is a little about me.... Hope to find something soon and good luck to the rest of you looking for a job.

Good Luck and Thanks for your Service

Comment

Welcome to the O.com and thank you for your service. Good luck. Where you deep water or shoreline?
      Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
      “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
      “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
      "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
      ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Comment

Welcome to O.com and thank you for your service to this great nation. Good luck getting hired on.

“Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

I did 4 years on USS Carl Vinson CVN-70, 2 years on USS David R. Ray DD-971 then 3 years physical security Bahrain and Spain, 3 years as a Firearms Instructor at Boot Camp, 5 years on Costal Patrol Boats doing Non Compliant Boarding, and my last 5 years in Special Warfare Weapons/Explosives & Ordnance Tech.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome .... I just got a call today for an interview with CT. Department of Corrections. Still looking for a cop job but I will move forward with DOC until something else comes up.

Comment

Biggest to the smallest and plenty of shore gigs...cool. I threw high & tights on the beach for four. Good luck.
              Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
              “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
              “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
              "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
              ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Comment

Greetings from da' Admiral of da' O..
                Originally posted by mookster
                Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                Originally posted by CityCopDC
                I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
                Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
                I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

I'll add my thanks for your service, too.
                  Officer Jay McGuire, Minneapolis Park Police EOW 5/14/2009 age 11
                  Among Texas' finest
                  Deputy Andy Taylor, Llano County SO EOW 5/9/2005
                  Senior Deputy Jessica Laura Hollis, Travis County SO EOW 9/18/2014
                  Darren H. Goforth, Harris County SO EOW 8/28/2015

Comment

Welcome aboard!
                    Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
                    USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                    "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
                    Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

Hello fellow Connecticutican (is that a word?) I too am branching into other Law Enforcement. Cant believe the tattoo snub but other departments are less stringent.

Comment

Yeah, that tattoo policy really stinks, but not much I can do about it. I can see where they are coming from but that doesn't mean I have to like it... lol Who knows maybe they will readdress it, but really, with the number of applicants they are receiving I don't think they will... it is not hurting them.

Comment

Ya' a shellback??????

Or'z even betta' a golden shellback???

The Admiral know'z King Neptune personally....

Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                          I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                          -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Originally posted by asullivan View Post
                            Ya' a shellback??????

Or'z even betta' a golden shellback???

The Admiral know'z King Neptune personally....

LOL... yes Shell Back x 2 and Golden x 1. CVN and DD

Comment

Originally posted by BRYNAVvet View Post
                              LOL... yes Shell Back x 2 and Golden x 1. CVN and DD
                              Well! I salute to our new member Sire BRYNAVvet By Thee.....

King Nuptune'z

May my mermaids be ya' mermaind'z!!

And ya' can have da' royal baby!!!

right hand landlubber...

And His faithful sidekick the fly'in winged 4 legged flea trap...

That's me Trigger!
                              -Frank

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4687 users online. 222 members and 4465 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X