Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from SF Bay Area

Hello Everyone!

I've been a lurker for almost a year and recently started posting here and there. I live in Hercules, CA which is the northern part of the East Bay near San Francisco. I have met an officer through the City of Hercules PD who gave me some direction to request a ride-a-long etc so I'm excited to have that going. I've also turned in an application to volunteer for the PD doing administrative/clerical type of work.

I've spent the last 7-10 years in office administration for financial and healthcare entities. I'm nearing my 30th birthday (whoo hoo!) I've always had a calling to serve and recently started taking it seriously now that family obligations have calmed down and I'm more financially sound to pursue my education. I will more than likely put myself through the academy at Napa Valley College while working full-time. I'm excited to be doing this. I find the applicant pool to be extremely competitive especially here in the bay area. I am doing what I can to strengthen my application and show my dedication to the field. I feel putting myself through the academy on my own and showing my dedication may help since I lack experience in the field and I'm excited to be doing it. I have some college credits and am still in school full-time (online). I'm very new to this. My only exposure to law enforcement has been through family. I was raised by two paramedics and we had many close family friends who were police officers back home (southeast). I'd love to connect with other aspiring officers and officers alike especially in the bay area. Really enjoying the input I get through here. Good luck and thank you for all that you do~!

Good luck! dont overdue it with the academy AND working at the same time, unless your academy is "part time", it can lead to exhaustion
    "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
    The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
    sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
    Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Welcome to O.com

“Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

There are many departments in the Bay Area that will hire you and pay for you to go through the Academy, if that's what you desire. Why don't you apply for one of those departments?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3223 users online. 134 members and 3089 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X