300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everyone I'm from nyc

I'm from nyc. I've been looking into law enforcement for a long time. I had kids young and went to college shortly after I'm 29 now and took numerous civil service exams. Nypd has been the ideal job for me. Geographically I know the city in and out i do house to house bathroom renovations. I work in the dirtiest worst parts to the rich and glamorous. I have met all walks of life. I feel people skills are huge with this field of work and talking with people on section 8 and have nothing to people who have it all I feel I have a grasp on the city as a whole. Police officers deal with a lot of interactions and need a balance. Nyc has that balance. The push that gave made me take the tests was a few years ago a person was breaking car windows and I happened to be at the window looking out of my house and saw everything unfold. I got up put on shoes and ran outside. I told my wife to call 911 and to alert my neighbor. (There window was broken) I called 911 as well and followed the person
    The operator told me to follow the person until help arrived. I was surprised but followed they instructed me to stay on the phone until help arrived and if possible to speak to the individual. I engaged and they started swinging and spitting at me. I said this person is a edp. Police came with in 5 min. They thanked me and told me to wait in there rmp. It was November and I had on a tank top and shorts. So while I was hearing up another patrol car took me back to my house. I had to say I witnessed which I did the person committing the crime. The officer pulled me aside and thanked me over and over again for the excellent job I did and fast thinking on my feet they made the arrest and did the statement. He gave me his card and called me a civilian detective. For others it may sound corny but I was honored to help out and do the right thing for the pd. the next time was very bad where these two women where struck by a car in front of me. I pulled over and ran up to the women and saw that they are not breathing I called 911 explained what I saw and thank god there was a nurse eating dinner with her family and saw what happened. So I gave her room to perform cpr and got them breathing. I know not to touch people in an accident because you can injure them more if not properly trained she thanked me for giving her the space and I felt so good in my heart bc I helped out in saving two peoples lives and they have a future. The quick thinking in these situations made me realize that instinctively I can do split decisions that other people hesitate to do. I would love to honor and work for the city the people. With everything going on in this city with the department I feel bad for them because it's not fair. But I do know that I want to be a police officer and make a difference. Thanks for reading this

NYC law enforcement hopeful

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4162 users online. 244 members and 3918 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X