300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everyone! I like trains... Oh Yeah I want to be a cop lol

Greetings everyone, I'm aspiring to become a MTA Train Operator or a NYPD officer, but I'm having a tough time choosing.

I recently turned 18 & I really, really, really despise of school, but I know the NYPD has a 60 college credit requirement (unfortunately)

I must say this forum has a lot of info & I'm digging it so far.

Welcome to O.com

“Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

Welcome aboard! I went through Norfolk Southern's Hiring to be a Conductor (was not selected)... hard to get on trains these days
      Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
      USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
      "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
      Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

Originally posted by RailMan96 View Post
        Greetings everyone, I'm aspiring to become a MTA Train Operator or a NYPD officer, but I'm having a tough time choosing.
        Hey there, welcome

MTA subway? I rode a lotta subway trains in the city, back when the fare was 30 cents too, it was fun riding on the long run very fast express train up the West side of Manhattan, and between the cars too but realistically, I think driving the train would be exciting and cool... for about a week, then I can imagine running the same route back and forth all day long day after day week after week, same stations over and over will get very monotonous and boring quickly. Some people don't have a problem with that, you might be one of them and do fine.

NYPD would be interesting, a lot of variety, totally different set of skills, physical and mental, and everything else required, it would be a lot harder job not to mention a lot more risk and danger, but maybe it suits you better, only time will tell!

Comment

Hello Everyone! I Like Trains... Oh Yeah I Want To Be A Cop LOL

Two thoughts come to mind when I read your post:

-NYPD is just one department. Sure, it is huge, but still it is one department. Don't limit yourself to just one agency. Especially not this soon.

-Since you like trains, maybe you should be a railroad cop.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5505 users online. 314 members and 5191 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X