Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marine from VA

Hey everyone,

Obligatory intro post and a bit about myself. I joined the forums over a year ago and have been lurking on and off as I have time. I'm an active duty Marine interested in crossing over to LE-many of the same core values but a little more interactive, I think. I'm also looking at 4 deployments in 5 years, which can be tough on a new family.

I was originally interested in Federal programs, but it seems local departments have more freedom and potential for variety of experience. I'm extremely interested in positions where progress is enhanced by initiative. I'll still apply to the recent DEA opening, as that's my "dream job" but the realist in me says it's probably more TPS reports than drug busts, and I know the hiring process is long.

I was born and raised in Hampton Roads and have family there, from Tidewater to NW VA. I'll probably post in the Virginia subforum soon for some insight from local LEOs there-I'm interested in Norfolk, Richmond, and potentially NoVa. I'd like a relatively urban area with enough activity to provide a variety of experience, from violent crimes, anti-narcotics, undercover work, and of course the necessary amount of paperwork. I'd also like a department where OT opportunities are abundant, as I don't mind working 60-80 hour weeks.

Thanks for the hospitality and a great forum. Semper Fi.

Hello! I am currently in the hiring process with Police. It seems like a great department and a great county to work for. OT would be available working at various areas including .
    Last edited by bwit092; 06-13-2015, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome and the OT tip. I am a fan of fast cars...

Comment

Welcome to O.com and thank you for serving our great nation.

“Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

Welcome and thanks for serving!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4450 users online. 224 members and 4226 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X