Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to the site and to the LE world. Highly motivated applicant!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the site and to the LE world. Highly motivated applicant!

I'm 31 and will be in the hiring process for the Greensboro(NC) Police Department this fall/winter. I've met many officers in the GPD and have been on 2 ride a longs on night shift 11 hrs each. I must say, now I'm hooked. I hated to see each shift end.
    I have been a mental health para professional for nearly ten years now working with individuals with schizophrenia. I've noticed through the years that I do my best work when things are at their worst, and people are in crisis. I then realized that policing could be a way I could still help people, resolve issues, and problem solve, but on a larger scale. I fell like I could carry over many people skills I've learned through the mental health field. After the first few calls on my first ride a long, I seen first hand that the GPD officers use similar methods to solve problems with people. After that, I knew, I was meant to be in law enforcement. Even with my grandfather being a Cumberland County Sheriffs Dep, it still never hit me until I rode on shifts.
    I have been running,working out and studying since May for the popat and reading comp test. I can't wait to start the process. No criminal record, just speeding tickets. I have no degree or military background, and my credit is less than perfect (but on the rise). But I'm hoping that my test scores, interviews, and mental health work background could be worth something. I do have a letter of recommendation from a former DA/FBI, but that's about it.
    Any thoughts from any GPD employees or any LEOs would be appreciated. Thanks

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3365 users online. 245 members and 3120 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X