300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello! Trying to get into Law Enforcement

Obviously new to the forum and I would like to introduce myself. I am married with 3 children and live in North-East Nevada. To switch from my current job to a career in LE would be a 32%-ish cut in pay starting out. Which is fine with my wife and I. This is a career I have wanted and we have decided a career of happiness is far more valuable than one with an excess of material objects.

Currently I am in the selection process for the local PD. So hfar I have made it through the PAT (30+ participants), the written exam (20+ participants), and the oral board (10+ participants). The top 5 oral board scores move on to an interview with the Chief and Lieutenants. Anybody been through this type of selection process before? Top 3 of the 5 will receive a conditional offer. Thank you in advance for your response.

Welcome to O.com and good luck with your hiring process.

“Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

Thank you for the welcome. This second interview is something I have not really heard of. With the first it had straight forward questions and a few scenarios. If I had to take a guess the second will test the confidence I have in my answers.

Comment

Sounds similar to a lot of hiring processes. Must be a tiny department though. Our last written test had 2,000+ test takers.

Comment

Yes fairly small something to tune of 20,000 people in city limits.

Comment

Correction. Approximately 15000

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3302 users online. 167 members and 3135 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X