Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello all! What do you guys do while you wait!?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all! What do you guys do while you wait!?

My name is Nick. I'm a Marine Veteran and I just completed my Bachelors in Psychology. I've also just spent the Summer in Washington, DC interning with USMS. I've taken the NYPD test back in 2012 and I've applied to several federal officer/agent and admin positions through USAjobs.gov. I was native to NY, lived in NC for a few years and moved out to Orange County for the past few years to finish my degree.

I'm currently nearing the end of my internship and nothing career wise has come up yet. I'm worried that I'll be unemployed for a bit, but more worried that it will impact my applications worse. What do you guys do while you're waiting for these state, local and federal LEO positions to open or process?

Some have suggested I continue my education, but I don't feel ready to get an advanced degree. I'm sure I could get in to most programs with my 3.5 GPA, but I would rather be employed first and see what my job would require to further my career/promotion opportunities. I really hate the idea of just going to school since there is nothing else to do.

Any advice is appreciated.

Welcome to O.com and thank you for your service to this great nation. You will have to find your own path; do what is right for you and your particular situation. If you are waiting on the dream job, more education never hurt anyone.

“Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5767 users online. 350 members and 5417 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X