300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from the sand box

Hey everyone, I am SGT Erik Schreur active US Army and currently deployed overseas on my second deployment. I am getting out of the Army May of next year and am actively researching and pursuing multiple avenues. I am currently based out of El Paso, Texas (Fort Bliss). After looking around a great deal, and knowing what I want in the next place I call home (an outdoors heavy state, lots of mountains and forest nearby, and temperate weather) I've been looking pretty heavily at LEO positions in Washington and Colorado, focusing mainly on Seattle. I'm planning on applying to the Seattle PD as soon as I am able too. Someday I would love to become a Marshal, and will hold that as my end state goal, but I know I need to gain LEO experience first and Seattle looks like a great city to begin with.

Any way I look forward to chatting with you all, feel free to ask me anything you want to know. And thank you so much for the wealth of information you all have provided on here, it’s incredible.

- Erik
    "Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight."

Sergeant, U.S. Army - 2010 to Present.

Welcome to O.com. Thank you for your service to this great nation and above all, stay safe.

“Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

Thank you brother for your service as well.

Comment

Welcome! Washington state always seems to have alot of job openings year round. Be safe and come back in one piece! Best of luck in your journey.

Comment

Welcome to the O, Bill. I thank you for your service to our great nation.

Seattle? You better fall in love with bike patrol . I know little about the pay but anything from Medford to Seatle is great territory to live in.

Colorado? Much better (but I'm kinda partial). Denver area is good pay but already loaded. I-70 corridor or western slope (Grand Junction, Delta, & Montrose are all okay. Colorado Springs, El Paso & Douglas counties are nice. Unless your d***ling the hiring process is going to be 18mo to maybe 3 years with all the competition these days. Good luck.
          Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
          “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
          “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
          "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
          ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Comment

Thank you for your service. I don't know if you need prior LE experience to be a U.S. Marshal. I believe a four year degree will suffice.

Welcome to the forums and stay safe.

Comment

Thanks guys, really appreciate it. I'm also considering maybe the Cheyenne Wyoming area too Langford.

Comment

Originally posted by Vikingr View Post
                Hey everyone, I am SGT Erik Schreur active US Army and currently deployed overseas on my second deployment. I am getting out of the Army May of next year and am actively researching and pursuing multiple avenues. I am currently based out of El Paso, Texas (Fort Bliss). After looking around a great deal, and knowing what I want in the next place I call home (an outdoors heavy state, lots of mountains and forest nearby, and temperate weather) I've been looking pretty heavily at LEO positions in Washington and Colorado, focusing mainly on Seattle. I'm planning on applying to the Seattle PD as soon as I am able too. Someday I would love to become a Marshal, and will hold that as my end state goal, but I know I need to gain LEO experience first and Seattle looks like a great city to begin with.

Any way I look forward to chatting with you all, feel free to ask me anything you want to know. And thank you so much for the wealth of information you all have provided on here, it’s incredible.

- Erik
                Hello and welcome, from a relatively recently-reitired Soldier.

Did two tours in Iraq (first on a MiTT), so always good to see a fellow combat veteran!
                "I cannot consent to place in the control of others one who cannot control himself."

- Robert E. Lee

Comment

Thanks for your service Jegs, and for the welcome!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6021 users online. 353 members and 5668 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X