300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay! Middle of America! (Kansas)

Hey everyone, been looking to chime in for awhile now and glad to be here!. I am currently in training with my county sheriffs office for a position in our local detention center (detention deputy) Have been reading through the forums quite a bit looking for information on what to expect and just in general gathering from others experience. Im sure you'll see me chime in on some posts or ask some questions so just thought id say hello first!

Welcome to O.com

“Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

roughly what area, some counties there are large and have large detention facilities,some ive been to house less than 15 people. that can determine alot of what you will be doing and learning.

Also are the sunflower fields growing yet ? last time i was thru it was nothing but dirt for as far as i could see of

Comment

No sunflowers yet, our facility houses around 1400 people, however is over crowded currently and about 150 are in other county jails.

Comment

good so you should be able to learn alot there,use your time in the jail wisely.You cant get better training on dealing with inmates.

Comment

I surely will, i hope to move to patrol someday. But thought id take a few years in the jail first. Should give me better experience on dealing with people and such. 12 Week training course for the jail.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2643 users online. 147 members and 2496 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X