Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Introduction

Hello Everyone,

I live out in Maryland, and will soon begin the academy for the Baltimore(city)Police Department. I am nervous about it though. I'm going to take a huge jump out of my comfort zone from my current job at the movie theaters. I know my life is going to forever change on July 25th(the date the academy starts). My overall goal is to make it into the FBI and eventually on to their Hostage Rescue Team. While on the police force, I'm going to get a B.A in Criminal Justice and study to become fluent in the language of Farsi. I'm hoping that 5-7 years from now I'll be in the FBI. I'll be using this forum a lot for questions/advice. I hope to also be able to answer other people's question as I gain experience in my new career in Law Enforcement.

Thanks

Good luck, but I think you have to commit to so many years with BCP due to turnaround
    Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
    USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
    "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
    Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

BCP/Baltimore County Police? I'm going to be with Baltimore city police, and what turnaround?

Thanks

Comment

I meant Balto City.. for a while guys were joining the City, then turning around and going lateral elsewhere (places that pay better or offer takehomes)... now as I am not working for City, I cannot say if this is all true, but I hear it from the rumor mill that due to that turnaround, the City is requiring a longer period of service (initial commitment)... I refer this to a professional to say if it is true or not... but in any case, good luck!
        Last edited by J2H; 07-01-2014, 02:41 PM. Reason: added
        Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
        USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
        "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
        Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3641 users online. 139 members and 3502 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X