300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from New York!

Hey guys i am pretty new here. I have been looking around on the New York forums. My name is Chris and I am 21 and have my associates in liberal arts. I work full time at a hospital right now, waiting on a department in New York to give me a shot at a job. Ive applied for NYPD,NCPD,PAPD,NYSP,NJSP and that is it. I have wanted to be LEO since i was young and is the only job i can see myself doing. Ive taken all the tests within the last year so i know i have a long wait to go. I have no backup plan so i am just hoping to get called for something! I recently about 2 months ago started getting back into shape for any PAT that comes my way. Just though id introduce myself. Thank you

Welcome. If you have a long wait ahead, I suggest going to finish your BA/BS in the meantime. Oh, and make yourself a backup plan. That should be non-negotiable. Good luck.
    sigpic

"I pity guys like you, I truly do. Everything you own and have you can thank the job for and still you despise it. I don't understand how any man can choose a career, hate it from the beginning, not have the balls to leave, and then complain about it once he's retired."

-Thee Rant (surprisingly)

Originally posted by NYCTNT
    DF,

Why do you bother?

Comment

I wish i had a backup plan, i have no other interests that would cause me to go back to school and pay for schooling when I'm making decent money full time now so its a little tough to go back especially not knowing for what. Im in a pickle. Thank you though!

Comment

Originally posted by emlaxstar9 View Post
        I wish i had a backup plan, i have no other interests that would cause me to go back to school and pay for schooling when I'm making decent money full time now so its a little tough to go back especially not knowing for what. Im in a pickle. Thank you though!
        Then do Criminal Justice is that's what you're interested in. Look into John Jay. It's cheap and you can probably finish quick. While a CJ degree may not be much use outside of LE or academia, a BA in general is worth more than you think. Trust me, an associates doesn't cut it anymore beyond just getting hired. It's becoming the norm for specialized units. Plenty of guys cant get promoted or go where they want to go and they can't get themselves to go back to school. Just giving you the facts.
        sigpic

"I pity guys like you, I truly do. Everything you own and have you can thank the job for and still you despise it. I don't understand how any man can choose a career, hate it from the beginning, not have the balls to leave, and then complain about it once he's retired."

-Thee Rant (surprisingly)

Originally posted by NYCTNT
        DF,

Why do you bother?

Comment

Welcome to O.com

“Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

Originally posted by slamdunc View Post
            Welcome to O.com

Ya' like Officer slamdunc's declared, welcome ta' da' O..

So, just by any, any, I mean any chance at all'z.... Tis' Chris short fer' Christina, or Christal, or Christy????..

Just inquire'in....

Oh yea, if ya' need a back-up plan I might have a deal fer' ya'...ya' see the O has peeps, and peeps got's gold, and when peeps got O.COM gold pieces they need a place ta' keep it............So this here place got a bank, tha' O.COM save'ins and untrust...

I got a horsey, 2 sixguns, and a shotty...

Ummmm..tha' last partner I had, done got hung'ed...

fer' robb'in da' stage...

Soooo...Ummmm, errrrr, maybe ya' look'in fer' a job thingy...???

Let me know'z if ya' miGht be interested like...

They call me da' Perfessa',,, or Admiral "Sully" Sullivan..

Or just "swing" by area 69....

Gud' luck ta' ya' partna'...
            Last edited by asullivan; 05-10-2014, 07:34 PM. Reason: seCret stUffy
            Originally posted by mookster
            Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
            Originally posted by CityCopDC
            I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
            Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
            I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
            -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalFrenchie View Post
              Then do Criminal Justice is that's what you're interested in. Look into John Jay. It's cheap and you can probably finish quick. While a CJ degree may not be much use outside of LE or academia, a BA in general is worth more than you think. Trust me, an associates doesn't cut it anymore beyond just getting hired. It's becoming the norm for specialized units. Plenty of guys cant get promoted or go where they want to go and they can't get themselves to go back to school. Just giving you the facts.
              I am honestly going to consider to go back and finish up my degree in criminal justice

Comment

Good luck chris, i feel the same way..
                "The only courage you ever need is the courage to live the life you want" O. Winfrey

Comment

Good luck to you. You have at least taken several tests, which is good. The more you take, the more opportunities you have.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3962 users online. 200 members and 3762 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X