Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A CHP officer wants to say hello

Hello everyone.

I've been reading this forum for a long time (maybe 8 years) and felt it was finally time to sign up.

I'm a California Highway Patrol officer who has been working the road for about 7 years in the Southern California area. I am proud of my 6 MADD awards and I love this job. I've had some cool jobs in the past but this is definitely the most fun.

To everyone applying or thinking about taking a test: good luck, don't overthink it, and try hard. And don't do anything stupid.

All the officers (and deputies, agents, troopers, constables, and all the other cool titles) be safe out there. And have fun.

CHP on the beach

Welcome to O.com

“This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”

George V. Higgins--The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Comment

Welcome to the board

Comment

Welcome aboard CHPonthebeach,

Please if you can and will take some time to review some of the posts made here by a recently departed friend of ours from your Agency.

I'm referring to SgtCHP.

Regards,

Monty

Comment

Welcome from Texas.
          http://www.youtube.com/user/military2police

Helping you transition from the military to law enforcement

Comment

Thank you for the greetings.

Like I mentioned, I've been reading these forums for years. So of course I especially looked forward to SgtCHP's posts. He seemed to really want to help people that were looking into this career. And I really respected the fact that he posted the good, the bad, and the horrible about his (and my) department. There are several people on this forum who often give sound and sage advice to those looking. I know many of us will miss SgtCHP, but there are many others who do a great job as well.

RIP SgtCHP.

Comment

Another highway cop? What, are you guys multiplying?

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Welcome bro!
                  "This $hit is chess not checkers" - Best advice I ever got on this job.

Comment

Howdy y'all!
                    Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

You guys need to open your hiring process up to laterals....yeah I know, you guys get way too many applicants to ever consider that I guess I'll just keep doing my traffic on your highways!
                      It is Attitude, not circumstance, that makes Success possible even in the most unlikely conditions.

Comment

Mine, yours, ours. Whatever. As long as you have fun when you do it.

I know it's not exactly what you want to hear but I think it's cool that everyone that I work with and everyone that supervises me (right on up to the commissioner) and everyone that I train (prior law enforcement, prior military, prior grocery store) has gone to the same academy.

But if you are in the age range (up to 35) it's still a great way to go. I've worked with lots of guys that were prior law enforcement, it's just the paperwork that may be different. The academy is the academy but it won't kill you and you might learn to drive better.

Comment

Welcome aboard CHPonthebeach. Good to see someone from your agency stepping up, after suffering the loss of longtime member SgtCHP. I'm betting he'd be pleased too.
                          "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Welcome aboard brother. Desert chippie checkin in!

Comment

Welcome aboard. Retired 675 here.
                              Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10539 users online. 432 members and 10107 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X