300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Slovenia

hi! I am a police officer in Slovenia, small country in EU! I am here to exchange experience and see how do you do things on the other side of the ocena

I am 28 years old and work on one of the five police stations in Ljubljana (our capital). I am a police officer for a little more then a year, and before that i was a cadet for 1,5 years.

p.s.:
    sorry for my english

Welcome aboard ZCD.

Comment

TNX, Monty!

Comment

By the way I think you don't need to aoplogize about your English. I think your English is quite good. Sorry about the few words in English that are if examined regarding their derivations less than respectful about Slovenian persons. The origins of those terms are from the days of the Roman Empire, and I think most people nowadays don't recognize the derivations, and most people if using those terms intend no disrespect to persons of Slovenian heritage.

Comment

Ya',, wait till' I start a blabb'in...

My horse asked me, ta' ask you, if ya' can get any of that caviar stuff..
          Originally posted by mookster
          Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
          Originally posted by CityCopDC
          I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
          Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
          I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
          -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Welcome aboard! I'm always interested in the prospective of a police officer from another country. And you're English is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Dingo990 View Post
              Welcome aboard! I'm always interested in the prospective of a police officer from another country. And you're English is fine.
              I concur Officer D990,

Officer ZCD,
              Again welcome to our fair town.

Yes, your English is very fine, indeed,

Uhhh, My partner was asking can you get any caviar.?

If you can, please P.M. me with details...

Regards,
              Trigger

errr...,
              asullivan
              Last edited by asullivan; 06-22-2012, 08:17 AM. Reason: The Chicago wayz'
              Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
              I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
              -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

I am again sorry, but wats with the caviar stuff?

and Monty Ealerman, nice insight on the language, beleave it or not, in some high sckools they still teach latin (i think that is good), but the Roman empire is long gone, and so is the language. .

By the way how many different ways are there in the USA to become a police officer. I now you have many law enforcement agencies. In Slovenia we have only the police, and the National Bureau of Investigation (something like the FBI in US), but its still in its early stages.

So first we have to finish high school and then you hade to go to the police academy for 18 monthes. But they are in the process of changing the education process. So it would become a college (2 years) - but as always money is an issue.
                Last edited by ZCD; 06-26-2012, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ZCD View Post
                  I am again sorry, but wats with the caviar stuff?

Beats me....

and Monty Ealerman, nice insight on the language, beleave it or not, in some high sckools they still teach latin (i think that is good), but the Roman empire is long gone, and so is the language. .
                  Well yes I suppose so, but latin is one of da' 4 or so different languages English is based on, I think..

Also,
                  Alote of English words, more specifically, in the medical, science and legal fields use latin based words, or roots as we call them.

By the way how many different ways are there in the USA to become a police officer. I now you have many law enforcement agencies. In Slovenia we have only the police, and the National Bureau of Investigation (something like the FBI in US), but its still in its early stages

At least 54, the 50 states have their respective P.O.S.T. requirments I would suppose..

Plus the FBI, DEA, CIA, DOJ, and NSA just to name a few federal entities...

Im not a Police Officer though.. Just a horse..

So first we have to finish high school and then you hade to go to the police academy for 18 monthes. But they are in the process of changing the education process. So it would become a college (2 years) - but as always money is an issue.

Well, that would eliminate about 95% of American high school students right there and not because of money issues let me tell you!

Not that I am an expert about high schools, except they are mind reformers, education camps, for the communist left wing nut jobs that have permeated the education institutions in this nation. IMHO.

So in conclusion if we would use your base line, we would be in big trouble today for new young recruits.

Thankfully, thank the good Lord, most of the youngsters on this board are not among the aforementioned 5%.

Chow!
                  Your friend,

Trigger
                  Last edited by asullivan; 06-27-2012, 08:03 PM. Reason: Um money issues...
                  -Frank

Comment

Huh, so many agencies... how do you get by with any jurisdiction problems. I gues CIA is responsible for things outside US, FBI in US, but so many agencies (local for each state)... I mean, we do have different sections inside police... LKS (local criminal police - those are detectives on a police station), and SKP (sector of criminal police - those are detective on one of eight police directorates), and those guys always keep "fighting" about who will take the case. LKS is trying to push it to SKP, and they are sending it back (unles the damege exceeds 50.000€, and unofficially, if the suspect is known)... Its a little bit confusing, but we are buried in paper work...

Well yes I suppose so, but latin is one of da' 4 or so different languages English is based on, I think..

Also,
                    Alote of English words, more specifically, in the medical, science and legal fields use latin based words, or roots as we call them.
                    I think that latin is still used everywhere around the world in medical, science and legal fields... So people from those fealds can understand each other...

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8161 users online. 463 members and 7698 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X