No announcement yet.

Hello, Border Patrol Agents?

300x250 Mobile

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, Border Patrol Agents?

I also posted this in the Job forum area, but wanted to re-introduce myself to the board and say hello. I'm looking for Border Patrol Agents for advice and chat. To all officer and or military of the board, God Bless and stay safe. To my post now..

Hello friends, new officer applicant for the U.S. Border Patrol here. I am seeking advice from those of you who are veterans in the profession, and from those of you who are new and can give me an idea of what to expect.

About me, I am 34, and I was a Correctional Officer for just over 5 years. For the past year and a half I have been in the medical field as a CNA and Phlebotomist. I wanted a change of career because I had grown burned out in the prison industry, and my first choice of law enforcement was to be a police officer, but that never panned out due to not having a college degree, and in KY, my experience as a C/O did not make up for the degree. So I decided to look into my second career interest which was the medical field. However, I have that LE itch inside me and I feel like that's where I should be. Being a U.S. Border Patrol agent is very intriguing to me, and I would love to have a Federal job with the pride of serving my country and protecting our borders. I want to settle down into a new career while I'm still young enough to do so.

So all that being said, does my background as a Correctional Officer help me? Am I going to be viewed in a negative light because of my age, or the fact that I left the DOC and now would like to come back into law enforcement? I am scheduled to take the written exam in June. Any advice, thoughts, etc. are greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time, and for reading my long post
    “Sweat saves blood, blood saves lives, but brains saves both.” - Erwin Rommel

PM sent to you.

I replied. Thank you!
      “Sweat saves blood, blood saves lives, but brains saves both.” - Erwin Rommel

I replied to your other thread with a detailed response, but in short yes, your experience as a CO will help.
        What is Perseverance?
        -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
        -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.

BOP - BPA - ICE

What's Going On

There are currently 9515 users online. 367 members and 9148 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad