300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Veterans Affairs Police Recruit

Hello everyone I just recently finished up the pre-hiring portion for the VA in Saginaw, MI. My first day is Monday for orientation or something of the such. I was in the Navy as a Master at Arms from 2004-2010. I have been wanting to get back in the LE community shortly after I was discharged out of the service. This is my first opportunity that presented itself so I jumped on it. However I am not sure it will be my final resting place from what I have read its more about presence than actual police work. Either way its a step in the right direction. I am slated to go to the academy in Little Rock, AK this May and my background investigation is currently on going so I hope that clears so I can get my creds and badges at graduation in June.

It's been brought to my attention that there is some confusion regrading my profile. I have six years law enforcement experience from serving as a Military Police Officer in the Navy. I am currently hired as a Police Officer by the VA I however am not a full fledged officer until I complete the academy and my BI is completed then I receive credentials and badge. I will then be able to arm up and be in uniform. In the meantime I do OJT.

Comment

Originally posted by john3bravo View Post
      Hello everyone I just recently finished up the pre-hiring portion for the VA in Saginaw, MI. My first day is Monday for orientation or something of the such. I was in the Navy as a Master at Arms from 2004-2010. I have been wanting to get back in the LE community shortly after I was discharged out of the service. This is my first opportunity that presented itself so I jumped on it. However I am not sure it will be my final resting place from what I have read its more about presence than actual police work. Either way its a step in the right direction. I am slated to go to the academy in Little Rock, AK this May and my background investigation is currently on going so I hope that clears so I can get my creds and badges at graduation in June.
      Welcome to the club. VA Police is very Community Oriented Policing than city police. It's more like being a MA than being a city cop. Of course you do have more powers than a MA would. There is a huge backlog with OPM for background checks so it could take up to 9 months or to get your background adjudicated. You're gonna go through NEO (New Employee Orientation), everyone has to go through this training, just like going through Command orientation training when you check into a new base. Just have an open mind about things and you should be fine. The academy is 8 weeks long and includes GDR (Ground Defense Recovery) based on what the army is using for ground fighting training. There is no qualification for long rifle, yet, but the small arms is pretty much the same as for MA in the Navy for the 9mm.
      GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8342 users online. 466 members and 7876 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X