New to the site and Police Academy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the site and Police Academy

Hello obviously I am new here and would like to say hello to all of you.I am currently going through the application process. I have passed my background and polygraph test and going to take my medical test soon. I am going to attend a community-college police academy (self-sponserd) and am very excited. I was hoping to receive some tips or advice on how I should train for academy I start January next year. I am 20 years old 5'7 176lbs and semi fit. Semi fit meaning I've been working out for a couple months now. I am up to 12:30 for the mile and a half run, I run 4 to 5 miles a day and do 50 push-ups and sit-ups before I run. During my warmup I do push-ups, sit-ups, squats,numerous stretches,and weights for example for the weights curl-ups,bench press and some weight squats with 30 lbs dumbbells.

I am also a armed security guard (still looking for a job) and a honor in my law enforcement class from high school.Any advice or tips would be extremely helpful I would like to get to know you all friend request accepted.

Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by tpauley91; 11-18-2011, 07:25 PM.

Hello and Welcome. For the record I am not in LE, just someone who has been through an LE training academy so I thought I would give my 2 cents. Sounds like you're doing good things to prepare for the academy. Generally there is a lot of running, pushups and situps. You mentioned you do 50 of those before running. In what time frame? The 12:30 on the 1.5 is fair by the Cooper standards.
    I'm curious, how are you an armed security guard before 21?

Comment

Sup bro. Sounds like your on a god path. 12:30 is pretty good. Here in St. Louis, its a 1.5 run in 12:18, and thats one of the harder times i believe.
      "Nobody asks to be a hero, it just sometimes turns out that way"

Comment

I live in arizona so no gun laws haha. You can become an armed guard here in AZ at the age of 18.To my warmup, I do that for about and hour.

Comment

Originally posted by tpauley91 View Post
          Hello obviously I am new here and would like to say hello to all of you.I am currently going through the application process.I have passed my backround and polygraph test and going to take my medical test soon.I am going to attend a community-college police academy (self-sponserd) and am very excited.I was hoping to recieve some tips or advice on how I should train for academy I start January next year.I am 20 years old 5'7 176lbs and semi fit.Semi fit meaning Ive been working out for a couple months now.I am up to 12:30 for the mile and a half run, I run 4 to 5 miles a day and do 50 push ups and sit ups before I run.During my warmup I do push-ups,sit-ups,squats,numerous stretches,and weights for expl. for the weights curlups,bench press and some weight squats with 30 lbs dumbells.

I am also a armed security guard (still looking for a job) and a honor in my law enforcement class from high school.Any advice or tips would be extremly helpful I would like to get to know you all friend request accepted.

Thank you for your time.

I would like to say hi.I would also like to welcome you.I would also like to point out proper punctuation,sentence structure,and,use of paragraphs,periods,commas and placing_spaces after them,because,I want you to know how your post looks.I know how I type is a representation of me.I know people will judge me on this.I am happy to have met you.I will post more later.I would like to say bye for now.Bye for now.I.

p.s. spelling is important. ( recieve, dumbells, curlups (wtf is a curlups??), extremly, expl.??, backround.
          Last edited by Buffaloboy; 11-18-2011, 07:13 PM.
          Ignore List : Bearcat357, Blackavar

Comment

You shouldn't go into an Academy "semi-fit". They are not there to get you into shape. I would strongly recommend doing cross-fit training. We have incorporated cross-fit in our PT and it is not beginner level.

Comment

Yeah by the time I hit academy my goal is to have my 1.5 run time to at least 9 minutes. Also being up to 100 push-ups and sit-ups and of course alot more improvement on many other exercises I do.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9952 users online. 392 members and 9560 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
              X